Best way to play individual notes?

This is me just running through a scale or two.
I'm not sure if I should have my thumb visible like towards the end or not visible like in the beginning. it's really uncomfortable to have my wrist so far out but it's the only way i can pulloff without pulling off the string underneath. i'm going super slow with a metronome now (keep in mind i'm using headphones that really allow me to hear my mistakes, you might not hear them as much)

I want to play much cleaner. What's the best hand position that will be comfortable and allow me to be clean?

youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=URo5CVNbsDY
They (the gurus of infinite wisdom who write technique books) say that you should keep you wrist as straight as possible when playing, so having your thumb pop out of position probably isn't the biggest of deals. I'm not sure if there is a way things are "supposed" to be though.
Last edited by rob904 at Jul 3, 2013,
Quote by rob904
They (the gurus of infinite wisdom who write technique books) say that you should keep you wrist as straight as possible when playing, so having your thumb pop out of position probably isn't the biggest of deals. I'm not sure if there is a way things are "supposed" to be though.

so you're saying wrist is straight, but elbow bent more?that might work. Thank you.