I have an old Framus superstrato that plays the same note when I try playing the higher notes (past around the 12th fret). there is a small curve on the neck where the notes don't play. I've been tightening the truss rod and it's not really helping. should I keep turning until it's straight down there?
I don't really think extreme truss rod adjustment is a safe solution.

it possible that the neck got warped?
Take it to a good tech/luthier in your area and have them check the guitar out
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by johnnykbop
I don't really think extreme truss rod adjustment is a safe solution.

it possible that the neck got warped?

it could be, there's a bit of a curve. If it is warped, is there anything I could do to fix it or will I have to buy a new neck?
Quote by Robbgnarly
Take it to a good tech/luthier in your area and have them check the guitar out

I know i'm inexperienced but I want to actually learn how to do it myself. I picked this guitar up at an estate sale, knowing that I would have to fix it up. The neck is just one of a few problems this guitar has that I want to overcome.
It sounds like the neck is warped or the frets are not right. This is not "learning to fix up a guitar" stuff, this is pro territory.

If you really want to check it yourself, watch Sully's Guitar Garage on youtube he has some good stuff.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Tightening the truss rod will only make it worse and if you don't know what you are doing you'll do serious damage to the neck. This is something for a professional to look at anyway. Take it to a shop.
Take it to a shop. It'll be worth it. Framus make/made awesome guitars. I'd know, I own one.
[404]Signature not found
It may not be a bent/warped neck, it could just be a blown fret wire - you need to stick a straight endge on left, centre and right and see if the curve of the neck is even across to rule out a warp. then use it to check for a high fret. Does it play properly on all strings by one, or a group of them, or what?
Maybe a refret would sort you. Unless the neck needs shimmed, but I really cant tell by the photos
Quote by mark.bark
Maybe a refret would sort you. Unless the neck needs shimmed, but I really cant tell by the photos

the neck actually is shimmed a bit (see third pic). When I got the guitar, the first fret was missing so I removed the last fret and put it on the first slot. The guitar can play the higher notes if the bridge is raised but it really isn't worth play with the bridge raised that much. If I do refret it, should i sand the fret board until it's straight?
take it to a pro your you will end up ruining the guitar, if the neck is not already tweaked.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hows your nut though. Check that before you start sanding the neck
Quote by Robbgnarly
take it to a pro your you will end up ruining the guitar, if the neck is not already tweaked.

i actually did tighten the truss rod but loosened it about an hour later. Do you think that effected the neck much?
Quote by mark.bark
Hows your nut though. Check that before you start sanding the neck

the nut seems fine