Hey guys I just won an online auction for a Daphon E20PB preamp pedal.. Only cost me $6NZD and it's brand new!
Was wondering if anyone here has experience with these and what they actually sound like?
Cheers
I haven't.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Why do you want to know? It looks cheap and nasty.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
It only costed me $6 and it's brand new so I'm not complaining. I'm interested to see any feedback on these
http://daphon.en.alibaba.com/product/536987802-209921648/Popular_Preamp_Guitar_Effects_Pedals_Daphon_E20PB.html

This one?

The price per unit is US$ 6.82

That's NZ$8.77 per unit new. Doesn't sound too bad. Though I would only have paid NZ$4 fo the unit.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Price per unit is $6.82 if you buy a minimum of 24. Brand new they're about 60-70 here. Not expecting anything great I only want to know how it sounds and if it'll last.
I doubt it.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
i'm guessing it sounds like a cheap overdrive. crappy buffer, shrill weak distortion, and probably noisy too, with oscillation at high gain. pots and components will be the cheapest available. i'm guessing the pots will go very scratchy very quickly, and might even break, and the switch will give out. that's my experience with cheap mass-produced chinese pedals (daphon and biyang).

sorry to rain on your parade, but i wouldn't have one of those on my board if you offered your daughter to wine and dine me, and suck my dick.
Hahaha nicely put. I haven't had any pedals for about a year so I'm not overly fussed about it
holy shit i didn't realise this place had turned into tgp

i've got a couple of their pedals. the overdrive is pretty nice (sd1 clone). I'm guessing that one might be a nobels preamp/booster clone?

I mean it might suck (some are better than others), but for $6 I can't see you going too far wrong, either.

EDIT: i agree with the assessment of biyangs, though, those things break if you look at them funny
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 4, 2013,