Ever since I first started playing guitar I have not found a guitar better looking in my eye then the SG and have finally decided I need to add one to my collection but, here comes the problem I don't have anywhere near the cash to buy a proper SG. I've tried the whole epip400 and the lower end faded SG but neither felt right. Anyone know of a good brand that comes close to the 61/62 specs of the SG for around $600. I've Checked around and just can't seem to find anything. Any help is awesome thanks guys.
Try looking for a used LTD Viper-1000 with duncans or just save up. Here's a link its about as close as you can get to an sg at that price excluding the models you mentioned. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VIPER1000STBC
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
Thanks, the viper has always kind of been an option because I love the way ESP/LTDs play and I have played similar models which played great but I felt it lacked it that classic sweet tone the SG provides(I would guess because of the different thickness in the body?). Im wondering of anyone knows like an off the beating path knock off kinda brand like agile guitars kind of brand???
I'd say a Yamaha SG2000, but they cost nearly as much or more than the Gibson. Nice guitars though.
If found with vipers that the JB/59 pups affect the tone more than the thickness of the body when compared to the Gibsons. Pups can always be swapped and for a good classic SG tone you can get a pair of 57 classic pups later on and have a solid guitar.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
depending on where you are, maybe an MIJ tokai or edwards or something like that? you'll be doing well to get one for $600, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look for a used Gibson SG 60's tribute, you can find them for <$600. www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I found in my experience that if you want something and your seem dead set on it, Gibson SG in your case, your probably better off saving the money or financing it because getting something else probably won't cut it in the end and you'll still want the Gibson at the end of the day.

I would definitely go used as well, you'll probably save a boat load of cash and still be able to get the one you wanted.

just my two cents FWIW.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Look for a used Gibson SG 60's tribute, you can find them for <$600. www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear

The used section on GC is a pain in the ass IMO, I wish people would stop linking to it. Just search what you're looking for in the main GC page. Putting "used" in front can help narrow it down/make the searching algorithm work better.

I have no idea what TS is looking for exactly, but I found this by searching "used Gibson SG Tribute".

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-GIBSON-SG-60S-TRIBUTE-VINT-BRST-108982910-i3162896.gc

Searching from the main page is way nicer IMO because you can add it to your cart just like any other item.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 4, 2013,