Poll: At a festival are you more likely to go to the bar if you know how long the queue is?
Poll Options
View poll results: At a festival are you more likely to go to the bar if you know how long the queue is?
Yes, that way I could work out if I was going to miss a band or not
19 53%
No, I would go to the bar regardless of how long the queue was
4 11%
I don't buy drinks from the bar at festivals
12 33%
I have never been to a festival and don't plan on going
1 3%
Voters: 36.
I'm doing some research on festivals for my degree, could you help by answering this question? Thanks!
Last edited by js12 at Jul 4, 2013,
I know this is the pit and all, but seriously? You can't google it or, I don't know, go to a frickin library?
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

JAMBA IS SWAHILI FOR THE WORD 'FART', THINK ABOUT THAT NEXT TIME YOU GO TO A JAMBA-JUICE

not that it matters, but my old account was soulfly_freak
Quote by R1DERontheS7ORM
I know this is the pit and all, but seriously? You can't google it or, I don't know, go to a frickin library?

Yes, I'm sure any self-respecting library has a plethora of literature on "At a festival are you more likely to go to the bar if you know how long the queue is?"
Quote by entity0009
Yes, I'm sure any self-respecting library has a plethora of literature on "At a festival are you more likely to go to the bar if you know how long the queue is?"

The poll wasn't up for the first couple of answers.

Hence, the Pit answers.

EDIT: Serious answer, I don't buy drinks from the bar at festivals OR concerts, I'm not made of money.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 4, 2013,
I can't be the only one that would go to the bar regardless

you guys would be terrible Australians
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I try not to go to the bar if i can help it, the beer is overpriced and generally not great, and it takes ages to get served. I have only been to a festival once, and i got beer from the local supermarket, although you weren't allowed to take any of it into the arena, which was annoying.

If i had an idea of how long it would take to get served, then yeah i might be more tempted, although i don't know what you are thinking festivals could do in order to make that possible.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jul 4, 2013,
Now the actual question is up:

If I could avoid it, I wouldn't buy from the bars at all, but all the festivals I've been to don't allow your own drink in the arena, meaning you have to buy from the bars to drink whilst watching bands or whatever. And yeah, of course I'm less likely to bother if there's a massive queue, who isn't?
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

when I went to Laneway the only people at the bar were australians. makes sense though cuz it was straya day then haha

OT: I'd go regardless unless I was out of $ or wanted to spend it on something else within the next 2 days
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jul 4, 2013,
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

too busy getting stoned like a good Canadian
pre-drink, smoke some jane at thje show, grab 2-3 drinks at the bar as long as i wont miss a good band
sigless
I'm from Milwaukee. Festivals, drinking and music are just about all I know. The combination of all three is just gravy.

For example, I saw MGMT on Wednesday at Summerfest. Probably was saving seats for four hours before the show, even though we originally just sort of parked for a moment and realized there were a lot of people there for MGMT already. My friend and I basically just switched off going to the bathroom, getting food and me getting horribly overpriced beer ($5.50 for a pretty conservatively poured cup of High Life).

I might go again on Saturday to use up my free passes I have, even though there aren't any acts in particular I want to see (lol, Foreigner).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA