Hi

Ill try and keep this short and sweet.

Right

I bought a wah pedal from ebay and the postage amount was £5.59.Bit low i thought but whatever.So i paid right away and the seller messaged me saying thanks.I asked him if he sent it recorded could i get a note of the tracking number so i can keep a eye out for it as i naturally assumed he would as so many things go missing.He said he was going to send it standard but he would send it tracked as i asked.

Well it turned up and its fine but the postage came to £9.10 so hes decided to constantly barrage me with messages asking for more money to cover the postage.Is this his own fault as the cheapest he could have send to me was actually £9.10.I checked with royal mail.I dont enjoy arguing with folk but i believe the blame lies with him for not charging the correct amount in the first place.

Thanks
He is the one that is in the wrong. He already charged you postage. You aren't to blame if he charged you less than the total postage cost.

Now, if you asked for special postage (tracked like you said) after you paid for the standard, I can see why he'd ask for the additional money.
Absolutely in the right. I was certainly in the right.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by daytripper75
He is the one that is in the wrong. He already charged you postage. You aren't to blame if he charged you less than the total postage cost.

Now, if you asked for special postage (tracked like you said) after you paid for the standard, I can see why he'd ask for the additional money.

Thats what i thought.Surely you would think no that wont cover it and charge more.It costs £2.00 just to send a dvd.I think a 2kg parcel would be 5 times that.
You sell an item, you get what is posted on eBay.

No backsies, no sudden postage changes.

It's his fault he didn't check the postage beforehand, not yours. Screw him.
Quote by CoreysMonster
You sell an item, you get what is posted on eBay.

No backsies, no sudden postage changes.

It's his fault he didn't check the postage beforehand, not yours. Screw him.

Thanks i feel better now.I hate arguing with folk hate it.Im quite a nice guy and usually avoid confrontation.Ive sold plenty of games on amazon when the postage credit doesnt actually cover the cost i dont barrage my buyers with messages for more money.
You are in the right. It's his fault for not making sure how much it would cost him to ship. If he keeps messaging you contact ebay and say he's harassing you.
Quote by smittyanthrax
Thanks i feel better now.I hate arguing with folk hate it.Im quite a nice guy and usually avoid confrontation.Ive sold plenty of games on amazon when the postage credit doesnt actually cover the cost i dont barrage my buyers with messages for more money.

I sold a pedal to a guy once, who was mad it didn't arrive after a week, filed a complaint, then went on vacation for a month.

I had shipped it, had the tracking number, postage receipt and everything, and sent all the information to him. After a month, Paypal had taken the money back, and I filed a counter-complaint. He told me to stop complaining and that I sent him faulty used hardware, because the hose for a talkbox had "clearly been cut off at one end" - you know, almost as if it was made in a factory or something.

He sent me a douchey message with "Well eBay always favors the buyer anyways so **** you"

Thankfully eBay isn't run by complete idiots, at least in Germany, and I got my money.

That was the last time I ever sold anything on eBay, though.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 4, 2013,
Quote by eGraham
Absolutely in the right. I was certainly in the right.

No, oi am not froitened of doiying. Any toime hwill do.
Well i offered to fix it for him.My resolution was i ll send him it back ill pay the return postage and he can just refund me for the pedal.His reply was no dont send me it back.That is totally unnecessary and i shall not accept and report to ebay.

I actually thought that was a decent idea.He could sell it again for the correct postage price.

The main issue to me is that i actually tried to help him when he was going to post it.To me second class recorded is the safest and cheapest way to send.I wanted to make sure if it went missing he was covered as items go missing all the time and he would be out of pocket.

For me anything over £30 gets a proof of delivery just to be safe.
OP, I applaud you for questioning who was the asshole. In many situations, wrongs would be righted if people would just step back and ask, "Who's really being the asshole? Goddamit, is it me?"
Quote by progdude93
OP, I applaud you for questioning who was the asshole. In many situations, wrongs would be righted if people would just step back and ask, "Who's really being the asshole? Goddamit, is it me?"

Thank you.Who do you think was in the wrong?
If you pay for standard don't ask for tracked and expect them to take on the costs. You should have asked him to make that option available before you bought.

If you had any common sense you would have asked about additional charges when he said he'd post it tracked for you.

Stop being a whiny child trying to send the product back, because he's gonna lose money from the postage you're refusing to pay and you'll lose money posting it back. Therefore why not just give him the £5 rather than giving it to the postman to post the pedal back.

However his harassment is definitely the wrong thing to do
Last edited by GonzoBeatz at Jul 4, 2013,
Quote by GonzoBeatz
If you pay for standard don't ask for tracked and expect them to take on the costs. You should have asked him to make that option available before you bought.

If you had any common sense you would have asked about additional charges when he said he'd post it tracked for you.

Stop being a whiny child trying to send the product back, because he's gonna lose money from the postage you're refusing to pay and you'll lose money posting it back. Therefore why not just give him the £5 rather than giving it to the postman to post the pedal back.

However his harassment is definitely the wrong thing to do

The postage price he listed wasnt enough.Like i said the cheapest he could send it was £9.10.He charged £5.60.This is my fault how?

Are you usually as aggressive as this when you post on forums?
His fault. We end up paying more to send the package than we charged the customer all the time at my job. We just have to eat the expense and move on.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
His fault. We end up paying more to send the package than we charged the customer all the time at my job. We just have to eat the expense and move on.

This. The seller's being unreasonable, IMHO.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by smittyanthrax
The postage price he listed wasnt enough.Like i said the cheapest he could send it was £9.10.He charged £5.60.This is my fault how?

Are you usually as aggressive as this when you post on forums?

It was enough for what he was offering, you decided after you'd already paid you wanted extra and you don't think you should be responsible for the bill?

That's like going into a fast food place, getting your food and paying for it. Then you order another drink and expect to walk away without paying for it...

My basic understanding of a purchase is they give you the service and you pay the price, if you ask for a better service don't be naive enough to think you're not going to be asked to take on a larger extra financial burden.
Quote by GonzoBeatz
It was enough for what he was offering, you decided after you'd already paid you wanted extra and you don't think you should be responsible for the bill?

That's like going into a fast food place, getting your food and paying for it. Then you order another drink and expect to walk away without paying for it...

My basic understanding of a purchase is they give you the service and you pay the price, if you ask for a better service don't be naive enough to think you're not going to be asked to take on a larger extra financial burden.

{Sigh]£5.60 would never ever cover it.Not first class not second class.Simply put the price he asked for was incorrect.He never researched it.He admitted that ebay put that price on it and he accepted it instead of raising it.
Quote by GonzoBeatz

You don't say you're going to do something, do it, then ask for more money than previously agreed.

Unless you're a contractor, I guess, but imagine Amazon doing that. Amazon tells you straight up front what type of shipping costs how much, as the seller should have done.
I don't quite understand here: are you saying you requested recorded which cost more which is why he wants more money, or are you saying that £9.10 is just the cheapest he could've sent it by standard?

If he was offering standard mail for £5.59 but you requested recorded which cost more then... yeah I think you should pay him. He maybe didn't handle it properly, but if you requested a more expensive postage method specifically, then you should pay for it I guess.

HOWEVER if what you're saying is that £9.10 is simply the cheapest he could send it, even standard, and he just wants more money because he didn't realise, then yeah that's his problem.
As everyone else has said, he is in the wrong and has no right to demand more money after the deal has been made. Once you have paid the agreed amount of money and he has sent the product, that is the deal closed. If he got the postage wrong and has lost some money from it, that is his fault for not properly researching the price of it.

eBay will have it on their database that he charged £5.59 for postage and that is what he confirmed it to be upon listing the item. Once an exchange of agreed money and product has been made, he has no right to demand extra. Let him report you to the eBay police. They will do nothing against you as he is the one being a jackass and they will see it.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
No, oi am not froitened of doiying. Any toime hwill do.

We've all got to go sometime
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~