Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any specific paints available to replicate the 'Absinthe Frost' paint job made by Jackson?
I'm thinking of doing a project involving a fairly cheap guitar, re-finishing and upgrading it.
Quote by treborillusion
Low end Epiphone = fire wood.

LTD Surveyor 4
Kramer Imperial
Engl Gigmaster E315
Marshall 1936 JCM900 lead cab
My website
Your best bet is to go to a paint shop like Sherwin-Williams' paint store or a place that sells automotive paints. Take a picture of the exact color with you & compare it with the paint samples there until you find what you need. It's a pain in the ass sometimes, ain't cheaper either, Good luck.
Quote by DoubleBassCrash
Your best bet is to go to a paint shop like Sherwin-Williams' paint store or a place that sells automotive paints. Take a picture of the exact color with you & compare it with the paint samples there until you find what you need. It's a pain in the ass sometimes, ain't cheaper either, Good luck.

Yeah, problem is the pictures of it are in a lot of different shades because of stage lighting or dark rooms. But it looks like that's my only option. Cheers.
Quote by treborillusion
Low end Epiphone = fire wood.

LTD Surveyor 4
Kramer Imperial
Engl Gigmaster E315
Marshall 1936 JCM900 lead cab
My website
Quote by Boonnoo666
Yeah, problem is the pictures of it are in a lot of different shades because of stage lighting or dark rooms. But it looks like that's my only option. Cheers.

I have a mate who is getting an SG painted in pelham blue and he had the same trouble, with loads of pictures showing literally hundreds of variations of the colour. The advice I gave him was just find the picture with the shade that looks most appealing to you and use that as reference, or take several pictures and try to figure out which shade of the colour you think is the best match over all.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
If it helps, all the pictures I have seen of the Absinthe Frost Jacksons look very similar to GM's Synergy Green that they used on the new Camaros. Colors like that can be nearly impossible to match without a paint code to get the formula from, as there may be a half dozen colors mixed together to get the base, which will then have a metallic flake in it plus one or more pearls. All this may have to be sprayed over another color base or sealer, and then have a clear sprayed over that. Don't count on finding it in a rattle can. Pints are the smallest amount you can buy typically, and that color is probably at least 100 to 150 dollars a pint, plus any specific primer/sealer you need, plus clear, along with the hardener, catalyst, and reducer. In short, not cheap.