can't decide which to get.. i'm going to be using it in my bedroom if that means anything to you guys.

Bands i play
Clean stuff:
The strokes
Pixies
The Doors
The smiths
Arctic Monkeys
Sublime
Red hot chilli peppers
Wavves
Nirvana
Led Zeppelin
Bon Jovi
Aerosmith
Skid row (ESPECIALLY SKID ROW, THEIROLD STUFF LIKE "In a darkened room" or `18 and life")
Guns N roses
ACDC
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Pink floyd (I know its gonna be impossibe but something that can get atleast somewhat clean tones like davids)
Bob Marley
Jimi Hendrix
Harder stuff:
Metallica
Bring me the horizon (yes i like them)
Megadeath
Really, either one of these will be a great choice. I'd just go out and try them if you can. It really comes down the preference at this point.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The Marshall would have more options and channels if you are into that, but I really love the Jet City for it's simplicity. It would work for all of those bands, and it sounds big for it's 20 watts and has a very usable, tube driven reverb.
Google "musicians friend stupid deal of the day" and you"ll find a JetCity 2112rc combo for 299. Normally 450. It will only be for today and may sell out soon. I'm not sure how different the RC is over what you are after.

Just wanted to help you save some money and make the choice easier.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Google "musicians friend stupid deal of the day" and you"ll find a JetCity 2112rc combo for 299. Normally 450. It will only be for today and may sell out soon. I'm not sure how different the RC is over what you are after.

Just wanted to help you save some money and make the choice easier.

i appreciate it but the jca 2112rc and the 2212c are very different... the 2112rc has only one channel and wouldn't be as good for all those bands... not even half.
Quote by GuitarNewbee
i appreciate it but the jca 2112rc and the 2212c are very different... the 2112rc has only one channel and wouldn't be as good for all those bands... not even half.

I am not up to snuff on my JC stuff and the mobile site for stupid deal of the day doesn't give descriptions of what it is.

Glad you know which one it is.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by GuitarNewbee

I'm pretty sure most, if not all of those bands have used single channel amps at some point in their careers.
Quote by patriotplayer90
I'm pretty sure most, if not all of those bands have used single channel amps at some point in their careers.

No- he is right, that amp is a low gain rock amp. Even with a boost up front it can't do what he wants it too. Not worth it for him.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT
No- he is right, that amp is a low gain rock amp. Even with a boost up front it can't do what he wants it too. Not worth it for him.

I guess low gain is relative, since I wouldn't consider this amp such. I have played the music of or related to almost all of those bands with the 2112, though I could see it not being practical or ideal for most.

I can't imagine you going wrong with Marshall