Just having trouble finding information over the net and in forums on this one, what is the general consensus on the Fender Blues Deville 2*12? All I know is that they apparently share the same circuit as a tweed Bassman and don't seem to be made anymore. Does anyone own one? If so how do you find it?

I may have the opportunity to pick one up. It's made in the US and was built in 94 from the looks of it. Has real tweed covering and has been serviced by a tech every 8 months. Also what dollar value would you give to one of these at the moment.
A friend of mine has one from about the same time frame. Mid to late 90s. He's had a lot of issues with it to be honest. Some things I can think of right up front.

1) The volume pot sucks. You go from 1 to loud as hell before you hit 2.
2) The gain channel sucks. Buy this amp for cleans only. It does take pedals well in front, but the built in gain is a joke. You can't even get a decent overdrive out of it.
3) The effects loop sucks. Crackle and hiss even after having multiple techs look at it. Don't plan on running much in the loop.
4) It does have a good clean sound and a lot of volume with a decent natural crunch if you are willing to really crank it.
5) I've had to replace the volume pot once because it completely crapped out somehow. We also had to have some parts replaced in foot switch circuit. Something happened there that caused the amp to go full volume on the main channel for a while. The volume knob wouldn't control anything at all.

I'm not sure what current value on these is.
Quote by poppameth

2) The gain channel sucks. Buy this amp for cleans only. It does take pedals well in front, but the built in gain is a joke. You can't even get a decent overdrive out of it.
4) It does have a good clean sound and a lot of volume with a decent natural crunch if you are willing to really crank it.

Wait what??
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Quote by Volcz
Wait what??

crunch is that weird spot between clean sound and overdrive. Sorta breaking up but not really.

It's not really dirty but it sorta is. Fender crunch is usually pretty good
Quote by Volcz
Wait what??

He means if you turn the clean channel up really loud, it gets crunchy and sounds good. But off you have the OD channel at any volume, it sucks.
Yeah I am giving it a miss, this guy wanted 1400AUD for it. I just wanted to sus the amp out before dealing with him too much and work out what they were worth. I'm not bothering with it now. Thanks heaps people!