What is the LA music scene like now a days? RHCP and Incubus are 2 of my favorite bands, but are musicians cranking out that type of music now in that area?

And what other cities are people trying to play this type of music?

...I'm not looking to make metalcore or artsy-indie rock, which seems to be what so many people are trying to do...
Guitar.
I don't think you can compare the LA music scene with that of other cities because it's the hub of the music industry in the US -- barring "rural" genres and opera.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
1. move to the midwest
2. get qt gf
3. break up with qt gf
4. start twinkly emo band
you're a stone fox
or stay in the midwest and complain about not being able to find a qt gf then start a pop-punk band

LA has an incredible beat scene mainly due to the presence of the Low End Theory club. Pity you aren't into that
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by morethanever
What is the LA music scene like now a days? RHCP and Incubus are 2 of my favorite bands, but are musicians cranking out that type of music now in that area?

And what other cities are people trying to play this type of music?

...I'm not looking to make metalcore or artsy-indie rock, which seems to be what so many people are trying to do...

There's 13 million people in the area of LA, I'm pretty sure you can find people who want to play shitty dadrock with you
Quote by Saint78
1. move to the midwest
2. get qt gf
3. break up with qt gf
4. start twinkly emo band

5. post music on bandcamp
Quote by Cianyx
LA has an incredible beat scene mainly due to the presence of the Low End Theory club. Pity you aren't into that

^ I'd love to work with those cats at Brainfeeder.

L.A. has a little bit of everything morethanever, you'd definitely find what you want, but the city just might eat you alive. Ten years ago I'd have told you to give Austin a try, but the way I hear it now ATX is only good for bands that already have a following or for gigging in cover bands (not my cup of tea).

I think the time for the kind of music you want to be doing has come & gone, don't take that as me saying you wouldn't find success with a group of people doing original tunes in the style of the bands you like, I just don't hear much original material these days that's in the vein of what you want to play, of course I also may not be listening in the right places. If you've got the guts to go for broke, the money to move, & an open mind to learn & try new things, I think L.A. could be a great thing for you, but it can definitely chew you up & spit you out, real quick.
LA's music scene is mostly rap and a bunch of sub genres of dance music.

and then theres the 0.03% of LA which is scene but it's only like 20 people.
TFOT/ATDI/C!N,CC!
Thanks for the responses...

DoubleBass I hear ya, I'd say my music doesn't exactly imitate the RHCP/Incubus feel, but adds a little more blues and soul and ambient.
Guitar.
Quote by Josh100_3
Move to Australia

No I don't think that would fix things at all.

At least in Sydney.

Or where I am in Sydney.
West Ham United
Quote by morethanever
Thanks for the responses...

DoubleBass I hear ya, I'd say my music doesn't exactly imitate the RHCP/Incubus feel, but adds a little more blues and soul and ambient.

Then maybe you should look into the Palm Desert Scene. Check it out, mang.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Eastwinn
5. post music on bandcamp

6. get signed to cyls
7. make out with keith
Last edited by WantsLesPaul at Jul 5, 2013,