On my old guitar, I got the Duncan hot rails in the neck and liked it. I'm getting a new guitar soon and I can't decide whether I want another HSS or get an HSH this time around. Is there any big difference that I'd be missing in the neck if I didn't get a full size (probably an Air Norton)?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Nah, there are plenty of excellent choices in single sized humbuckers, such that you would be fine getting another SSH guitar. Some would argue that the full size humbuckers sound better, but I haven't noticed.
I'd say a bucker's good for the bridge but a single is better for lead is anthing, so not a bad decision for the neck. If you're doing really high-gain (like, death metal high-gain) solos then a bucker might be worthwhile, but anything short of that a single will suffice, if not excell.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"