I was looking at the MIM strat with a floyd rose, and read a review saying it doesn't have the gap one cuts in the guitar in order to get a true floating trem (basically said it doesn't allow you to pull up on the bar). Seeing as I need the ability to go up and down with the bridge, can anyone confirm this?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Can't say at all.

However, Fernandes offers some Strat-style guitars with Wilkinson tremolos that should do what you want:

Retrorocket model
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/retrorocket.html

Rvolver Classic
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/classic-series/revolver-classic.html

(Other brands- Fret-King, Godin, etc.- offer similar guitars as well.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 5, 2013,
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I was looking at the MIM strat with a floyd rose, and read a review saying it doesn't have the gap one cuts in the guitar in order to get a true floating trem (basically said it doesn't allow you to pull up on the bar). Seeing as I need the ability to go up and down with the bridge, can anyone confirm this?

My Charvel has a non-recessed Floyd too but you can do pulls with it. Though they are not huge pulls - from a half step to one and a half steps depending on the string.

^ And the standard style tremolos can do pull ups but they are similar to non-recessed Floyd Rose - you can only pull up a bit.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Jul 6, 2013,
I know the limitations of a non-recess; I have it on my current guitar and don't like it. I want the full range of bending up.

Anyone want to take a crack at the actual question?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
OK. By looking at a picture of this guitar, I can tell that it's non-recessed.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115