Yep, the question is pretty self-explaining.

I'm getting a new guitar during this coming week or two and I can't decide (mostly because of the lack of review about the last two guitars).

I'm playing everything from blues to technical death, the majority somewhere in between(a7x, nightwish, maiden, slipknot etc etc). I mostly also solo/play lead guitar so good sustain and so on is a have to(which the horizon fr-ii has, i know).

And I will not have EMG:s on it

Anyone with experience of the different guitars and can make the decision easier :P ?
i think when you're talking about guitars like that that are all in the same range they're pretty much all the same quality, it just boils down to which one you prefer and/or which suits the music you're gonna play better.

obviously that's no help, but yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I've never played them, but with all the different styles you play, it might be useful to have that single coil like the forest does.

Just a thought. Go with your gut though.
All 3 of those are outstanding guitars and its simply up to you to try them all out if possible. I personally have only tried the Horizon fr-ii and i can easily say its one of the best guitars i have ever played. Tone wise it was decent but i tried the one with EMGs in it and im not really a big fan of the 81, but since you said you don't want EMGs I'm sure the guitar would sound killer with different pups.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Quote by Danitarium
Well I've never played them, but with all the different styles you play, it might be useful to have that single coil like the forest does.

Just a thought. Go with your gut though.

The others have splitable humbuckers though so thats not a problem, I think at least
Last edited by Alex_lhp at Jul 7, 2013,
Quote by ltdguy27
All 3 of those are outstanding guitars and its simply up to you to try them all out if possible. I personally have only tried the Horizon fr-ii and i can easily say its one of the best guitars i have ever played. Tone wise it was decent but i tried the one with EMGs in it and im not really a big fan of the 81, but since you said you don't want EMGs I'm sure the guitar would sound killer with different pups.

The problem is that I live in a mid-sized city in Sweden(and here mid-sized cities aren't big at all compared to the states or similar) so there's only two instrument selling stores here and none of them have any of the guitars :/

That's why I came here

And by the way I don't think I will be unhappy with any of them but I still want the best guitar possible you know
Last edited by Alex_lhp at Jul 7, 2013,
Quote by Alex_lhp
The others have splitable humbuckers though so thats not a problem, I think at least

A split humbucker is nowhere near as useful as an actual single coil. As far as I'm concerned, humbucker splits and taps are just marketing gimmicks that only achieve making your humbucker sound like ass, rather than making it sound like a single coil (which is impossible to do).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ i don't think i'd say they sound like ass... but i'd agree they sound nowhere near as good as a real single coil, either.

that being said, the one with a "single coil" actually has a hotrails, and that's not exactly a "real" single coil, either. with the hotrails (IMO) you're compromising on your humbucker tone, with the splits, you're compromising on the single coil tones. LOL.

As I said, I don't think any of them is better, they should all be of comparable quality.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

that being said, the one with a "single coil" actually has a hotrails, and that's not exactly a "real" single coil, either.

You could replace it with a real single coil though.

Not arguing, just pointing out.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ yeah that's true, good point.

then again i suppose you could replace a humbucker with a single coil (or two of them) too if you really cared.

fwiw the hot rail's split tone is actually pretty good, IMO. Problem is i hate its series tone
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd get a Mayones instead...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl