Ok so, title says most of it

joyo = 40$

boss ns2 = 100$

Can't afford any of the big boy noise surpressors right now though.

i think the joyo is true bypass while boss isn't , then again it could just be designed as true bypass when it isn't.

Any try either of them?
I can't really comment on the joyo but the ns-2 is a decent pedal. The ns-2 DOES have the advantage of the loop on the pedal that could let you run a gate through the amps effects loop as well as in front of the amp using the "X" method. Whereas, the joyo only has an in and out connection.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Quote by weirdzaid
I Do want to put the nosie gate infront of the amp though

With NS-2 you can do both at the same time.
Ns2 can be had for as low as 40 bucks used its not bad I just prefer the decimator for what I use it for.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
NS-2 is a "big boy noise suppressor" as far as I'm concerned. I've owned two, completely happy with them.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The Joyo is the only gate ive used that adds noise - horrible squeal so i sent it back. when it was working the gate itself was crap. i mean ridiculously so
Having fallen victim to the "cheap but as good as" thing I've owned two joyo's and one biyang pedal.

Flanger sounded horrible, chorus had a clock that was audible via a loud click and the biyang died after hissing all the time.

Never ever again.

used.guitarcenter.com and do a search for ns2 or ns-2. Take the item number under the picture and copy/paste into a normal guitarcenter keyword search and you should be able to order the item used. Shipping on pedals is normally beyond reasonable and you can get get a ns-2 cheap with 30 day return policy in case it's glitchy. GC has always treated me right and if a pedal is defective they refund the shipping.

I'd also look into the MXR noise clamp. Heard good things, have not tried personally.