I have an MXR Bass D.I. box that I have used for about 4 or 5 years now. It happens to be my favorite pedal because of the way it colors my tone, I don't even use the distortion but its a MUST for my rig, has been since the day I got it. Only pedal out of all the pedals I've ever owned (guitar & bass) I can say that about.
Here it is for reference:
http://www.amazon.com/MXR-M80-Bass-D-I-Pedal/dp/B0002E52JI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_MI_2

Anyways, last practice I couldn't get any signal to my amp. After trouble shooting, I determined the problem was this pedal. The regular output jack starts "shorting out" when you touch or move the cable around the plug. I've already determined its not the cable.

I don't really have any experience soldering/unsoldering units off the board, and I also don't really want to spend another $130.00 on one of these pedals.

This pedal does feature a "parallel output" jack, and I was hoping that its wired exactly the same as the regular output. I would assume yes, as the word parallel implies such, but I can't be sure.

Are the parallel outputs wired exactly the same as their counterparts? Will I be getting the same tone?

If not, what would you recommend? Is it worth trying to fix myself over spending money to buy a whole new one that may or may not be the same build quality as it was 5 years ago?
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor

Are the parallel outputs wired exactly the same as their counterparts? Will I be getting the same tone?

No they are balanced according to the manual

and

Yes the tone will be the same the output Z and level is the same.

So , either get a lead so you can use the balanced output or get some tech guy to fix it for you.
If you have any soldering capabilities, or have a friend that does, it should be an easy fix. Sounds like a connection has com a little loose on the output jack, or maybe it just needs bending back into place.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.