Page 1 of 2
I've been playing for 2 month's now, and everythings going fine.
2 days ago, I decided to learn a new song, but the song I picked is a bit too difficult.

What should I do? Should I keep practising till I get it. Should I learn another song, and try again later?

Thank you
Well whats the problem???
* your hand speed
* picking speed
* riff to difficult
* hands dont stretch that far
* other
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by metaldud536
Take 2 weeks off and then quit altogether.

this

always works

My left hand and picking speed are the problem.
Left hand mainly because some of the chords are difficult.
Slow it all down (but still play at a consistent speed), learn to play it perfectly slower, then start to speed it up.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
And Should I spend my 100 % on this song, or could I also learn to play another song in the meanwhile?
Don't get in the habit of giving up on shit, but if you've only played for 2 months, there's going to be stuff you don't have the skills to play yet.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by angusfan16
Dont play the song. Let the song play you

So deep, and also true
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by angusfan16
Dont play the song. Let the song play you

This is really the only thing you should be taking from this thread, Guitararroro. So much truth to this. So vital to becoming an efficient guitar player.
Quote by Guitararroro
New to this forum, but so far most of the posts don't help me at all lol.

It's the song "Boom Boom" By J.L Hooker.

Should I give my 100% on this song, or should I also learn another song besides this one?

You're in the pit, the off topic part of the forum. You aren't going to get a straight answer here.

Try this part of the forum https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9
I dunno

Kill yourself?

I've never had this problem

EDIT: The guy above has no idea what he's talking about
Quote by Rossenrot
Sounds like you're not playing an Esteban guitar.

Get an Esteban guitar.

My friend had an Esteban acoustic and it was honestly one of the worst guitars I've ever played
And Should I spend my 100 % on this song, or could I also learn to play another song in the meanwhile?
Quote by Guitararroro

depends, do you think you could get it down if you practice? i say go for it, honestly. it's hard to tell what you're capable of until you try.
No one's told TS to get a new amp? Cuz that's important.

As for the 100%, I'd say it goes both ways.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Well, it depends on why it's difficult. If it's a speed thing, then it's good to learn it SLOW. Like, half tempo. And then build up the speed. If you aren't able to play it up to full tempo, that isn't the worst thing in the world.

If it's more like the fingerings, chords, etc. are too difficult, it's best not to learn it. You can hurt your hands playing stuff too difficult like that.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I dunno

Kill yourself?

I've never had this problem

EDIT: The guy above has no idea what he's talking about

u wot m8?

Quote by Rossenrot
Feel the power, of the dance, of the fretboard.

They honestly look and sound like some the worst acoustic guitars I ever seen.
Last edited by Malchius at Jul 5, 2013,
Quote by whywefight
depends, do you think you could get it down if you practice? i say go for it, honestly. it's hard to tell what you're capable of until you try.

Sorry, my English isn't the best... Are u saying I should also learn another song while learning to master this one?
Dude you've been playing for two months.Everything is going to be hard for alitle while. the important thing is to be very very patient and analytic. your already asking questions on UG so you know how to ask questions and problem solve. try and get in deep and figure out every detail of your playing and what your doing wrong.
if you're struggling after 2 weeks you might as well quit. You're not the next Yngwie brah.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
When a song is to difficult I like to potato
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
iv been trying to learn cafo for like days. iv never been able to sweep the intro cleanly enough to feel satisfied. i also cant do the tapping lick cleanly enough either (doesnt help i only practice on my acoustic lol) but i keep at it. youve got nothin betteer to do. challenges make you better. you wont get better playing things you can already play. but only attempt songs you will actually be able to accomplish in time.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
iv been trying to learn cafo for like days.

why would someone even do that
Quote by slapsymcdougal
So I shouldn't learn another song besides this one? and just give this one my full attention?
Quote by Guitararroro
So I shouldn't learn another song besides this one? and just give this one my full attention?

You should give your full attention to my dick, handsome
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Become a drummer
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
So should I just give this one my full attention... and not learn anything else in the meanwhile? or should I keep on practising this one, plus continuing with learning another song?
Quote by Guitararroro
So should I just give this one my full attention... and not learn anything else in the meanwhile? or should I keep on practising this one, plus continuing with learning another song?

You should give your full attention to my genitals, pretty boy
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh
You should give your full attention to my genitals, pretty boy

Dude,that isn't nice to troll someone who is trying to learn how to get better at a song.
Can someone please answer this question? There are so many freakin' trolls on this forum....

I'm just tryin to improve my guitar playing....
TS, just go to Guitar Techniques. You will not get a serious answer here.

You also desperately need a new amp.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
TS, just go to Guitar Techniques. You will not get a serious answer here.

You also desperately need a new amp.

Why would I need a new amp?
I'm playing on an acoustic
If it is a hard song,practice it slowly. Learn only one part of the song at a time to prevent you from pulling your hair out.
Last edited by Axelfox at Jul 5, 2013,
Page 1 of 2