Hey guys, couldn't see any threads about this so I thought I might do a quick post.
Here's the new reissued Charvel Pro Mod series.
http://www.charvel.com/guitars/?section=promod
Opinions?

Personally, I think these are really cool. Might try one out at some point.
Quote by treborillusion
Low end Epiphone = fire wood.

LTD Surveyor 4
Kramer Imperial
Engl Gigmaster E315
Marshall 1936 JCM900 lead cab
My website
Major downgrade from the MIJ Pro Mods. Mostly in the bridge. FR Special in a $1200 msrp guitar? Come on now, Schecter and ESP put 1000 series FRs in $800 guitars (around where 1200 msrp guitars sell).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jul 5, 2013,
Quote by oneblackened
Major downgrade from the MIJ Pro Mods. Mostly in the bridge. FR Special in a $1200 msrp guitar? Come on now, Schecter and ESP put 1000 series FRs in $800 guitars.

I think it's pretty reasonable to be honest :P
In the UK it's around £550, a set of SD pickups usually costs around £150 and I've heard that Mexican built guitars have good quality, or is that not true?
Quote by treborillusion

LTD Surveyor 4
Kramer Imperial
Engl Gigmaster E315
My website
It's mostly that the MIJ ones had the 1000 series and were similarly priced to the new pro mods or a little more expensive. Of course they were likely much better quality too since Japanese guitars are bomb.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jul 5, 2013,
^ +1

Quote by Boonnoo666
I think it's pretty reasonable to be honest :P
In the UK it's around £550, a set of SD pickups usually costs around £150 and I've heard that Mexican built guitars have good quality, or is that not true?

you think it's pretty reasonable that they're now made in mexico rather than japan before and that they now have a far worse trem? and yet retail for pretty much bang on the exact same price?

in totally unrelated news, i have some magic beans here if you want them. I'll do you a special deal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ +1

you think it's pretty reasonable that they're now made in mexico rather than japan before and that they now have a far worse trem? and yet retail for pretty much bang on the exact same price?

in totally unrelated news, i have some magic beans here if you want them. I'll do you a special deal.

Hmm.. Maybe you have a point :l
It kinda sucks about the downgrade 'cause I really want a Charvel San Dimas...
Quote by treborillusion

LTD Surveyor 4
Kramer Imperial
Engl Gigmaster E315
My website
I wish all the nice affordable guitars like these and Gibson's Faded series didn't get discontinued just in the year I finally have the money.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Guitar in the picture at the top has non-recessed floyd. All the listed guitars are recessed. I wish non-recessed guitars were more common these days.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by JesusCrisp
I wish all the nice affordable guitars like these and Gibson's Faded series didn't get discontinued just in the year I finally have the money.

Actually tbh this is me in a nutshell xD
Quote by Lavatain
Guitar in the picture at the top has non-recessed floyd. All the listed guitars are recessed. I wish non-recessed guitars were more common these days.

1. Yeah. Bit dodgy of them to do that.
2. I agree, they're slowly fading away D:
Edit: And regarding the pricing - it's not that bad compared to Schecter. Their Damien is £500 and you get cheap rosewood and basswood with crappy EMGHZs, but with this you get Alder, maple and Seymour Duncans.
Quote by treborillusion

LTD Surveyor 4
Kramer Imperial
Engl Gigmaster E315
My website
Last edited by Boonnoo666 at Jul 6, 2013,
schecters are ridiculously overpriced here, if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Boonnoo666
Hmm.. Maybe you have a point :l
It kinda sucks about the downgrade 'cause I really want a Charvel San Dimas...

It might be a downgrade from the older MIJ ones but go and try it and see if you like it. Cheaper Floyd doesn't mean it's so much worse guitar. Just make sure it stays in tune. Oh, and I'm sure you can find a used MIJ one if you really want one. I recommend, they are great guitars (I have a So Cal).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115