Tittle basically says it all. I would like to know what i need to have good sounding recordings at home. I do not have a huge budget maybe 1000 for everything if thats possible. I already have all instruments needed, a macbook pro running garageband, an audio interface and amps. What else do i need?
Thanks
Well, it looks like just some mics, mic stands, cables and monitors and/or headphones. What are you planning on recording?

Also, somethings that are worth more than money can buy: knowledge and experience.

I'd look into Reaper instead of Garageband. It has a free trial, then it's cheap as shit to buy.
Im planing on recording acoustic and electric guitar, piano, and vocals. If youre asking what genres then singer songwriter, and maybe some blues for fun.
Quote by chaosmoon
I'd look into Reaper instead of Garageband. It has a free trial, then it's cheap as shit to buy.

Meh, if hes already got a Macbook, I see no reason to not use GB. Then again, if he doesn't like GB, Reaper is the way to go.

Honestly, we're not gonna be able to fully help you till you give us your goals and what you already have (especially what interface)
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Assuming the rest of your gear is good then a good Large Diaphragm Condenser microphone, if you have a nice guitar amp then a Dynamic microphone (e.g. SM57). Are you just tracking? or are you planning on mixing/mastering as well? if you're just tracking then a set of good studio headphones (e.g. Audio Technica M50's) and then spend a bunch on room treatment. If you're mixing/mastering too then (ideally) spend equal parts on a set of studio monitors and room treatment.
i have a fender strat, fender blues junior, martin 00028, and a really cheap m audio interface. my goal is to create a demo tape
Quote by Thatstratguy
i have a fender strat, fender blues junior, martin 00028, and a really cheap m audio interface. my goal is to create a demo tape

...but you're asking what you should spend 1000 on to get a quality recording? Seems to me the answer should be slapping you in the face.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud