Which do you think is the best? In my opinion it's Nirvana, with Alice in Chains coming in a close second
I thought that Stevie Ray Vaughn had a pretty good one. But I grew up listening to him so I'm a bit biased.
Nirvana
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Bruce Springsteen.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Nirvana. Their last song in the setlist (Leadbelly's 'Where Did You Sleep Last Night') made it perfect
Clapton is God. His Unplugged set was the court of Heaven. End. of. Discussion.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

These **** tards think Nirvana is the greatest thing ever. I hate this site its a bunch of 16 year olds that have never listened to a good album in their lives telling people how great shit like Nirvana is. All I can say is get a little more experience and variety and listen to a couple million ****ing albums then come back here and tell us how great ****ing Nirvana is at that point. Kurt Cobain even knew how commercial grade, low level, fodder for the masses his own shit was. Not to mention how ****ing sloppy his guitar playing was. Why do you think he killed himself? Lol okay maybe thats a stretch but you get my point.
^ Go screw yourself dude.

I rather take a 3 chord song with something real in there then 12 minute songs with guitar wankery and some stupid mythological story like the crap you listen to.

You're a young pompous kid who doesn't get "it" and you might never get it. I'll be here waiting for your never arriving apology in 3 years when you you might possibly have the brain comprehension to understand why people are saying what they're saying about the Nirvana unplugged sessions.

All that said, my fave is Alice In Chains Unplugged, second is Nirvana, third is The Cure. I wish Robert Smith's vocals were a tad bit tighter on that one but the instrumentation was so spot on.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at Jul 22, 2013,
I don't get "it" but you're the one who likes songs with no skill, artistic meaning, expression,depth, culture and basically devoid of everything besides pure commercial aspiration to sell cds to the masses. Your comments show how deluded you really are. I'll never apologize for speaking the truth bitch.
Last edited by Fastiticalon at Jul 22, 2013,
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

I rather take a 3 chord song with something real in there then 12 minute songs with guitar wankery and some stupid mythological story like the crap you listen to.

Amen brother!

My Favs in order

Nirvana
Eric Clapton
Alice in Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Pearl Jam
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by Fastiticalon
I don't get "it" but you're the one who likes songs with no skill, artistic meaning, expression,depth, culture and basically devoid of everything besides pure commercial aspiration to sell cds to the masses. Your comments show how deluded you really are. I'll never apologize for speaking the truth bitch.

Let me preface this with I'm not even the biggest Nirvana fan out there.

Skill-- It is not skillful to create a genre, help it be abrasive, melodic, raw, and original all at the same time?

Artistic meaning-- Singing about real life stories, about issues, about struggles in life, about good times and bad, about love, about hate-- Cobain was one of the best lyricists of all time. I think that covers depth and and expression. Nirvana used to use their bodies and instruments as self destructive weapons on stage.

Culture---Culture??

So what you're saying is you need other non-mainstream people to reaffirm what you listen to. Nobody gets you, your the only kid in school besides that one kid who doesn't shower and wears black band shirts with a band logo that is so illegible that he himself doesn't know what it says.

Your common death metal band--which I can read from a mile away is what you listen to by your naive misunderstanding of why anyone would enjoy anything not made purely as instrumental Olympics. But hey, in case you want culture look up grunge from 92-97 and look at all the landmark musicians that are still making solid music today.

Commercial aspirations? So because it's not infused with double bass and self indulgent musicianship its automatically commercial. Pretty sure, Steve Albini produced Nevermind. Do you know who Steve Albini is? Look it up, you might learn something, but commercial is the LAST intention that Nevermind was created as. So are you going to blame the band for creating something that others clung onto because GOD FORBID it was relatable and well written?

It might not be today, might not be tomorrow...but the second that you lose that chip off your shoulder and that attitude that you're this original person in this tight knit sub-culture and realize that its all just one big facade...well it'll be a good day and I wish it happens. It happened to me, I grew up, really thought about what my music said about me and haven't looked back since.

I wish you the best
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Fastiticalon
These **** tards think Nirvana is the greatest thing ever. I hate this site its a bunch of 16 year olds that have never listened to a good album in their lives telling people how great shit like Nirvana is. All I can say is get a little more experience and variety and listen to a couple million ****ing albums then come back here and tell us how great ****ing Nirvana is at that point. Kurt Cobain even knew how commercial grade, low level, fodder for the masses his own shit was. Not to mention how ****ing sloppy his guitar playing was. Why do you think he killed himself? Lol okay maybe thats a stretch but you get my point.

calm down mate I don't see why we're not allowed to have an opinion.

Nirvana aren't the most technically skilled band, but they made good music. The fact that Kurt wasn't a great guitarist gave people a break from those generic shred guitarists that people associated with rock music back in the late 80s/early 90s. But even then why can't I like an artist because they're not the most technically skilled? What about The Beatles? They weren't virtuoso instrumentalists but they had great songs which made them one of the best artists of all time.

I'm not some MTV worshipper who is oblivious to most music and judges things by popularity. I didn't justify my opinion about Nirvana by listening to Smells Like "Team" Spirit (as a lot of these kids call it). Nirvana isn't the only artist I listen to, and I don't only know a couple of hits off Nevermind. I'd rather judge music by how much I actually like the song, not by how many notes the guitarist can play in a second.

And apart from the production on Nevermind (which Kurt hated), how were Nirvana directed at the masses? They got the Meat Puppets to perform with them in the Unplugged set, not Eddie Vedder or Axl Rose. They got Steve Albini to produce their third album In Utero to make it less commercial, and you only need to listen to the first few seconds of 'Scentless Apprentice' or 'Milk It' if you think Nirvana's music is pop mainstream. It's quite the opposite

I respect your opinion if you don't like Nirvana, but you can't dismiss a band as bad just because they don't necessarily appeal to you. If they appeal to so many other people, they obviously did something right?
Quote by TomM96

And apart from the production on Nevermind (which Kurt hated), how were Nirvana directed at the masses? They got the Meat Puppets to perform with them in the Unplugged set, not Eddie Vedder or Axl Rose. They got Steve Albini to produce their third album In Utero to make it less commercial, and you only need to listen to the first few seconds of 'Scentless Apprentice' or 'Milk It' if you think Nirvana's music is pop mainstream. It's quite the

Scentless Apprentice is such a badass song. Killer riff, beast drum beats, and those lyrics.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Shakira
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist