These will be going into an alder strat with a floyd rose, either HSS or HSH (I'm indifferent on the whole single coil size-full size argument), that I'll be getting soon. Using them for mostly Maiden gain, but I frequently dabble in thrash. I'm using a TSL. I already decided on an STK-S4 for a middle pickup to clean up the bridge for cleans.

Bridge-Super 3 or Super Distortion (Dimarzio)

Neck, Full-size Humbucker-Liquifire or Air Norton (Dimarzio)

Neck, single coil size-Hot rails (seymour duncan), Pro track or Air Norton S (Dimarzio).

I had a hot rails in my old guitar, but I don't know how it'll match up with the bridge options in terms of tone. Feel free to suggest other similar options (similar budget, please) or tell me I'm being completely mental since these are all similar pickups.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 5, 2013,
Have you got the guitar yet? Or is it something you're getting pickupless? If you're buying something that you're gonna change the pickups in, see how you like the stocks first is my suggestion.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
Have you got the guitar yet? Or is it something you're getting pickupless? .

No, and maybe. It honestly depends what my budget is. Based on the specs I want, it will most likely be custom and pickup-less. If it isn't, it will probably be something with standard strat pickups (regular single coils in the middle; neck too if I go with an HSS), and I want noise cancellers. Either way I'll be changing the pickups
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Jul 5, 2013,
I would go with the Super Distortion in the bridge, and if you go with a hum in the neck I would go with a paf pro or a sd 59n.
I think the 59n doesn't quite have the midrange I'm looking for (Duncan's page says it has a slightly scooped midrange). Also, since it's for warm instruments, I feel like it'll be too bright in alder.

I honestly know nothing about the PAF pro, though.
the paf pro is pretty bright too. probably brighter than a 59.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?