Got one of of these! So simple to intonate and set up. Are all Ibanez like this?
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Is this supposed to be a New Guitar Day thread (I think it is)? If it is, post some pics and a review of your guitar.

But yeah, I think guitars with hardtail bridges are usually pretty easy to set up. Floyd Rose is more pain in the @$$.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Not really a NGD thread. I've had it for a about a week now. I blocked the trem on my Washburn, and it is still a fiddlely thing to intonate properly. The Ibanez was a breeze in comparison. That was shocking.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Last edited by Shadowofravenwo at Jul 6, 2013,
Ibanez is one of, if not the most innovative guitar company out there right now. While everyone else is using the same TOMs that have been used for the past 50 years, Ibanez is creating great new bridges, like the Gibralter and the Quik Change.

Innovation is one of my favorite traits in a company, and thus Ibanez is my favorite guitar company. Even on the trem side, just look at the Edge Pro, and then later the Edge Zero/ZR. Genius stuff.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
On the other hand, companies like Gibson can't make anything new without anyone bitching about it. But if it's an Ibanez, it's okay.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I like Gibson. But to play devil's advocate, they don't usually innovate anything that's actually good or useful. Their innovations are for the most part superficial, they don't do new bridge designs like Ibanez does.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 6, 2013,
Quote by Offworld92
Ibanez is one of, if not the most innovative guitar company out there right now. While everyone else is using the same TOMs that have been used for the past 50 years, Ibanez is creating great new bridges, like the Gibralter and the Quik Change.

Innovation is one of my favorite traits in a company, and thus Ibanez is my favorite guitar company. Even on the trem side, just look at the Edge Pro, and then later the Edge Zero/ZR. Genius stuff.

TOMs?

I know the pickups suck, but this is a sweet guitar for 300, new. Time to save up for some pickups.

What makes those Floyd's so good? I hate mine on the Washburn, and blocked it.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Quote by Shadowofravenwo
TOMs?

I know the pickups suck, but this is a sweet guitar for 300, new. Time to save up for some pickups.

TOM = Tune O Matic bridge.

Floyd is good if you use whammy bar a lot and want to stay in tune. If set up correctly, Floyd should never go out of tune. Whatever I do with my Floyd Rose, it stays in tune. Though it's a hassle to do a set up on my guitar. Same with tuning my guitar. So I think I would prefer a vintage style tremolo because I usually don't go crazy with my whammy bar. I know they stay in tune well if set up properly.

But if you don't even use whammy bar, Floyd Rose is useless. I would only buy hardtails if I didn't use my whammy bar at all.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Shadowofravenwo

The Edge Pro is amazing because you don't have to cut off the ball end of your strings with it. It's also built just as well as an OFR, very strong metals, nothing bad to say about it.

The Edge Zero/ZR unfortunately go back to requiring ball ends to be cut off, but they are awesome because they remove the arduous task of having to adjust the trem claw with a screwdriver. Instead there is a turn wheel in the back, and you just turn the wheel to adjust tension. As you can see here, there is never a need to even take the back plate off anymore.

In addition, the ZR goes above and beyond all other trems, because it completely does away with the knife-on-post design, which is amazing to me, haha. All floating tremolos operate on the basis of a knife edge balancing on a post, held on by tension. The ZR does away with that concept completely, and instead has a pivoting system, whih just makes sense. With the ZR, the entire concept of knife edges wearing out and the trem becoming unusable (especially seen with the Edge III and lower end LFRs) isn't even an issue.

Here is a Floyd Rose, where you can see the posts:

And here is a ZR, where you can see the hinge:

Now I'm not saying that knife edge tremolos aren't or can't be good, obviously they can, it's just weird to me that it's taken this long for a hinge design to catch on. It just makes a lot more sense to me. I have a ZR bridge on my S420, and I have an OFR II on my Kramer Striker, and I love them both.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by MaggaraMarine
TOM = Tune O Matic bridge.

Floyd is good if you use whammy bar a lot and want to stay in tune. If set up correctly, Floyd should never go out of tune. Whatever I do with my Floyd Rose, it stays in tune. Though it's a hassle to do a set up on my guitar. Same with tuning my guitar. So I think I would prefer a vintage style tremolo because I usually don't go crazy with my whammy bar. I know they stay in tune well if set up properly.

But if you don't even use whammy bar, Floyd Rose is useless. I would only buy hardtails if I didn't use my whammy bar at all.

I did use it, and then the post cracked. Had to block it to salvage the guitar.

Those are sweet bridges and spring system.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Last edited by Shadowofravenwo at Jul 7, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
On the other hand, companies like Gibson can't make anything new without anyone bitching about it. But if it's an Ibanez, it's okay.

Was really hoping you'd explain. How so?
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10