Hey guys, wanted to share with you some solos I wrote to some songs that inspired me (that either dont have a solo, or their solo is not fun enough).

Foster The People - Pumped up Kicks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89u6Y0298is
Puddle of Mudd - She Hates Me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LexFa64rQbM
Blur - Song 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv6yyD5yZiA

Let me know what you think (and subscribe if you like the vids
I thought the Blur one worked best and the Puddle of Mudd one was pretty good too, i'm just not a big POM fan. The Pumped up Kicks one I wasn't crazy about, it just didn't fit with the laid back groove of the song. Good playing though.
to here knows when
The beginning of the first one sounded really cool but then you started shredding (0:23)... I think it was my favorite because it sounded a bit different. The beginning of the first one (I'm talking about everything before 0:23, especially the lick at 0:15 was really nice) was kind of more melodic than the other solos.

I can hear some Kirk Hammett influences...
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
The beginning of the first one sounded really cool but then you started shredding (0:23)... I think it was my favorite because it sounded a bit different. The beginning of the first one (I'm talking about everything before 0:23, especially the lick at 0:15 was really nice) was kind of more melodic than the other solos.

I can hear some Kirk Hammett influences...

It wouldnt really be a metal solo without the shredding :P

And Kirk Hammett`s solos are the reason I picked up the electric guitar in the first place. So yeah, he is definately a major influence.
Quote by ValentinBk
It wouldnt really be a metal solo without the shredding :P

And Kirk Hammett`s solos are the reason I picked up the electric guitar in the first place. So yeah, he is definately a major influence.

Well, I don't know about that... But I think it wouldn't sound as "generic" if you didn't shred. I mean, IMO the parts before the shredding part sounded metal. And why do they need to be metal if "being metal" makes them sound not that good? Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad at all.

Also there are lots of more melodic parts in metal solos too.

What you played sounded good but I think it would have sounded better if you had had more parts like the beginning of the first solo. More variety.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Well, I don't know about that... But I think it wouldn't sound as "generic" if you didn't shred. I mean, IMO the parts before the shredding part sounded metal. And why do they need to be metal if "being metal" makes them sound not that good? Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad at all.

Also there are lots of more melodic parts in metal solos too.

What you played sounded good but I think it would have sounded better if you had had more parts like the beginning of the first solo. More variety.

I really just go by what feels right, and I love shredding \m/
But yeah, I can understand your point.