so i went out to price some pickups yesterday and came home with a few more things....like always

first up:
EMG 60 with the "solderless" system for my drop b explorer
my new band plays in drop b for our new cd so i needed some pickups that can handle it with clarity. i've used the 81/60 combo before and loved it so i ran back out to snag a 60 as i had a spare 81 sitting around.
review: i have used the 60 before in another guitar and i loved the tone it gave. great cleans nice full sound. an all around great active pickup. 85 bucks new.

on the solderless system:
the last time i purchased anything emg it was the quick disconnects on the pickup with a crap ton of wires to solder. not anymore. the directions are easy to understand and everything is a quick connect system. very convenient and simple to do yourself. the only thing that needs soldering is wires to the switch. 5 wires to solder and not 15? yep i'm happy.

EH Memory Toy analog delay
i am a fan of a subtle to heavy delay on cleans and on leads now and then. im picky on the price of a delay since i don't rely on it very heavily. the price of this delay and the features are what caught my eye.

review:
simple controls, delay, feedback, blend and a mod switch. i use this with most of the dials at noon and it gives me the perfect amount of repeats for what i do. the sound is very lush with my 5150ii. with this setting i can achieve "run like hell" type repeats for when i'm in my pink floyd moods and it gives my leads a little more flavor and depth. the mod switch is pretty cool it adds a bit of a chorus type shimmer to the sound. i set the delay to emulate a reverb with the mod on and it can be another form of a chorus for me. i like it. anything past noon on the feedback dial and the pedal will oscillate on itself. thats my only gripe. im sure ill find a use for that sound somehow tho. overall a great purchase and i highly recommend it. 90 bucks new!

lastly: DR neon strings. i only play DR. they sound great and last forever!

now pictures!!!

Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Very nice!

I used to have a memory toy, and loved it!

I never have played an EMG 60, but I have been eyeballing one for a while now for my schecter.

Happy new stuff day!
Cool. New stuff is always fun.

I use DR black beauties. Nothin is more metal than black guitar strings.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks guys! im loving the memory toy. its so fun to mess with.
i use to use black beauties but im diggin the brighter side now hahahah
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

Quote by iheartgun
thanks guys! im loving the memory toy. its so fun to mess with.
i use to use black beauties but im diggin the brighter side now hahahah

Thanks to your post I actually went out and bought a pick-up. I sold one out of one of my Jacksons a few months ago... never bought a replacement. Now I've got to find all the hardware I pulled off.

Glad your digging the new stuff.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT

Thanks to your post I actually went out and bought a pick-up. I sold one out of one of my Jacksons a few months ago... never bought a replacement. Now I've got to find all the hardware I pulled off.

Glad your digging the new stuff.

they are a great pickup. i like them alot more than the 85. much more clean and not as in your face!

thanks!!
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board