Hey as the title suggests i was wondering if people here have tried it and what their experiences are with it; especially those who live in the UK. Also I've heard/read stuff that you lose rights over your music. Is that true or just a myth?

kindest regards
Quote by Xeus
Hey as the title suggests i was wondering if people here have tried it and what their experiences are with it; especially those who live in the UK.

It's fine - if you can get people to buy the tracks, you stand to make a fair bit more money per sale than through plays on Spotify/Pandora/YouTube etc. You won't be dealing with record labels, so you don't have to worry about their cut (unless you're actually an established act and haven't mentioned it), so it's just split between you and whoever you use to get the music on iTunes (my band use Tunecore, as you pay a one-off fee per year, and get the money from sales royalty-free rather than a percentage cut.

Also I've heard/read stuff that you lose rights over your music. Is that true or just a myth?

kindest regards

Not true in the slightest - why would you surrender the rights to your music to a platform that sells it? Nobody would be using iTunes if that was the case. The only right they have is the non-exclusive right to distribute your music digitally in whichever territories you authorise and pay them to.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I've sold the odd album on iTunes. Just to run a few numbers by you:

My album is available for £4.99 on iTunes. For each copy I sell on iTunes I make approximately:

-£2 in Spotify royalties.
-£15 in Amazon MP3 sales.
-£100 in Bandcamp sales.

Conclusion: Use bandcamp.
Quote by entity0009
I've sold the odd album on iTunes. Just to run a few numbers by you:

My album is available for £4.99 on iTunes. For each copy I sell on iTunes I make approximately:

-£2 in Spotify royalties.
-£15 in Amazon MP3 sales.
-£100 in Bandcamp sales.

Conclusion: Use bandcamp.

Unless you've sold nearly nothing on iTunes or are regularly popular in your genre, I'm calling at least that Spotify figure - their payouts are on a molecular scale!

Thousands and thousands of plays per iTunes sale doesn't sound right to me.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Unless you've sold nearly nothing on iTunes or are regularly popular in your genre, I'm calling at least that Spotify figure - their payouts are on a molecular scale!

Thousands and thousands of plays per iTunes sale doesn't sound right to me.

That's what the number say It is incredibly rarely I ever sell an album on iTunes though- most of my publicity takes people to the bandcamp page, which is name-your-price, so people don't have to pay a fixed price like on iTunes.