I'm super interested in purchasing the Chango drum samples from www.changostudios.com was wondering if anyone knows if those samples will work with Kontakt 3? I currently use kontakt for my slate samples. Thanks
USA Jackson RR1, Carvin Custom 7 String, Peavey 6505+, Krank Krankenstein Cabinet, Carvin Power Conditioner, Line 6 G 90 Wireless, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Full tone OCD Overdrive, ISP Decimator, Boss TU 2 Tuner
already did no response :/
USA Jackson RR1, Carvin Custom 7 String, Peavey 6505+, Krank Krankenstein Cabinet, Carvin Power Conditioner, Line 6 G 90 Wireless, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Full tone OCD Overdrive, ISP Decimator, Boss TU 2 Tuner
Quote by Kenova
already did no response :/

Don't waste your money then.

I'm all for supporting small companies but they're way overpriced - listening to the demo it sounds like there's only one or two velocity layers for each drum and that snare is a little over-the-top. Since they sound heavily processed they'd be of limited use too.

To be honest the sample mixes from that place sum up pretty much everything I hate about modern production. Way too much focus on 'sick' POD Farm presets and trigger samples, artificial everything instead of capturing the band's dynamics and feel. But then, a studio that sells bass drop samples is never going to rank highly in my opinion.

Check out Analogue Drums . Their kits are all between $10 and $40, they're Kontakt 3 compatible, and sound bloody amazing. Tracked to tape with a variety of high-end mics and vintage outboard, everything about them screams 'class'.

I'd probably recommend Rockstock and Buckshot for your needs. If you're after that heavily processed modern sound I think you'll love those two.
Thanks for the advice kyle62, and I really do appreciate it. Just the whole reason I want there samples is to have that over produced/podfarm tone. I have the whole steven slate sample collection, addictive drums collection, and the superior drummer collection(including metal foundry expansion) which I payed for all of it. Yes I can get an amazing drum tone + an extremely over produced one, I would just like to add it to my collection, that's why I want the chango stuff.
I've heard a robot play a real sax, and a drummer playing buckets and thrashcans.

Drummer still sounded more musically authentic.

This is off course subjective, but it's a good thing to think about if you get lost too much in "best drum samples".

I said a lot about Ableton live lately, and I don't want to advertise it, but there's a function called groovemaker in there I want to talk about.

Maybe this is also present in other DAW's but I don't have the money to try em all out

What you do is you pick an audio recording of a drummer that you like (I think it even works with full band recordings), then process it through groove maker.

What it does is place your drum samples to the transients of the real recording in terms of rhythmic nuances.

That way you only have to modify the velocities of the hits according to how your drum VST works (ie. midi value/sample trigger relationship)

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jul 7, 2013,
Yes this exist in every other DAW. Pro Tools has groove templates. I work in a professional studio as an assistant engineer, and have recorded real drums, replaced drums, programmed drumes, etc etc countless amount of times. All I want to know is if the samples work with kontakt 3. That is it, no more, no less. I'm not asking for peoples opinion on the samples or if they sound natural. And I don't mean disrespect.
Quote by Kenova
Yes this exist in every other DAW. Pro Tools has groove templates. I work in a professional studio as an assistant engineer, and have recorded real drums, replaced drums, programmed drumes, etc etc countless amount of times. All I want to know is if the samples work with kontakt 3. That is it, no more, no less. I'm not asking for peoples opinion on the samples or if they sound natural. And I don't mean disrespect.

No disrespect taken

I'm sorry I can't help you with that.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Need Kontakt 5 to use them
Not Kontakt 5 player, Kontakt 5

The software you actually have to pay for, rather than the free download which is Kontakt player (and is a demo)

Also the samples which are being sold, don't sound like what's on the album
^I'm sure they're not.

You can still use any of those sample libraries in the free Kontakt Player, though. It will just appear in "demo mode" which means it will time out after 15 min of use. You can just delete the plugin off your track, then reapply it and have it going again in a few seconds. If you have a sound you like, you can just load up the plugin, print the tracks real quick and never have to touch it again. Used to do that with ZomBass, until I got Komplete.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks guys