hey guys, currently I have a 4x12 cab plus amp. It is a Bugera 333xl with matching cab. In about a month i will be moving to another town and will be living in apartments where i obviously wont be able to use the amp. Im thinking about selling it and buying guitar rig and a good studio setup so that i can play quietly and with headphones. I guess my two questions are, 1. is this a good idea? if not what should i do? 2. how much would a Bugera 333xl head/cab with 2 years of use fetch on a good market? Thanks!
Very good idea. Most dorm or high density student housing is basically never going to let you use an amp, so getting a good headphone setup is definitely the way to go. I used a POD and later an Axe-FX in those sorts of situation and was very pleased with the results. Either of those would be great, and fit right in with a recording rig.
1. is this a good idea?

Yes.

2. how much would a Bugera 333xl head/cab with 2 years of use fetch on a good market?

It’s a complete crapshoot. Maybe $250. Maybe over $500. Bugera prices are all over the place.
thanks guys. ya im looking at getting guitar rig 5 and some good studio monitors w/ headphones and some recording software. It should work well enough
I have a 333 head that has all new tubes and I can not get $250 for it in my area. The cab is worth $150
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate