A Genuine A$$hole:The Tale Of A Man And His Freedom To Express Himself In Public

submitted for your inspection, a tale of a man whose limits were stretched to the extreme by his local government and how that man was able to find a "middle ground" with the surrounding authorities...

http://www.siouxlandnews.com/story/22707855/first-ammendment-showdown-brewing-in-akron-iowa

http://www.siouxlandnews.com/story/22771655/update

the articles are pretty short so i wont include a tl;dr.

in the end i dont believe justice was served, sure it was a good compromise but if this individual had bothered to have the wherewithal to press the issue further, things may have escalated. who's to say when a persons personal freedom of speech begins to feel encroached upon except the person themselves?

comment, Pit.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
On the one hand, I appreciate the right to express one's self in the public domain. However, I believe that there are certain forms of public domain, especially ones that require a pass to enter, that may be permitted to have rules of decorum. And as long as those rules don't discriminate against any demographics (like saying don't disrupt the peace by being black, or speaking certain languages, etc.), then I don't really see that as an issue. He can feel free to put on a shirt.
i see where hes coming from, also i believe tattoos are works of art. However in a public place like that I can see that parents wouldn't want young children to see profanity. Nevertheless if it were me I'd just put a plaster/band aid over the letter A
what a tramp, the First Amendment wasn't made up for idiots to walk around saying assholes although they dont offend any one directly

also if he thinks that by asking him to cover up his tattoo is infringing his First Amendment rights, then his claim of having the rights to have a stupid tattoo like that as a freedom of speech disrespects the First Amendment in general.
I think he should be allowed to be at the pool with or without a shirt on; after all, his tattoo seems to be pretty informative. Personally, I would rather see people wearing a certain message like this so I can avoid them in the first place instead of experiencing the disappointment of actually talking to them.

Also, I find it pretty ridiculous that we still live in a world where the mere sight of the word "asshole" makes people butthurt enough to make this a problem.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Quote by JimDawson

Also, I find it pretty ridiculous that we still live in a world where the mere sight of the word "asshole" makes people butthurt enough to make this a problem.

This. Thank you.
The guy has black kids. I dont think he should cover up.

Quote by JimDawson
I think he should be allowed to be at the pool with or without a shirt on; after all, his tattoo seems to be pretty informative. Personally, I would rather see people wearing a certain message like this so I can avoid them in the first place instead of experiencing the disappointment of actually talking to them.

I use your avatar in the same way.

And yes asshole is not offensive, really.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 7, 2013,
Quote by Neo Evil11
I use your avatar in the same way.

Apparently not.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
This man is an asshole.
Genuinely
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
What's a genuine asshole? are there counterfeit assholes floating around as well?
The point isn't whether or not this individual instance of profanity is profane enough, it's whether or not profanity should be censored in any sphere of the public domain.

If it helps, pretend the tattoo said, "I love raping cokesluts" and underneath was a graphic illustration of R. Kelly urinating on a 14 year old.
I think he should be allowed to have whatever he wants on his body to displayed the way he wants. If the Westboro Baptist Church can do it then why can't he? I'm just saying it's incredibly profane to say "God hates fags" publicly and idiotic to believe it at all. But if they can't get censored then why should he? At least he's not directing hate towards anyone in particular.

I wish the WBC didn't exist.
Oh, bee tee dubs, the **** should just put on a shirt.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Quote by Z0S07657
I think he should be allowed to have whatever he wants on his body to displayed the way he wants. If the Westboro Baptist Church can do it then why can't he? I'm just saying it's incredibly profane to say "God hates fags" publicly and idiotic to believe it at all. But if they can't get censored then why should he? At least he's not directing hate towards anyone in particular.

I wish the WBC didn't exist.

It was in the swimming pool on private property. If he were in the streets this wouldn't even be a discussion.

EDIT: Oh wait, it was at the CITY pool. Then never mind.
Quote by Rebel Scum
Eh?

In one of the pictures.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
In one of the pictures.

Yeah I don't get it. Whats that got to do with anything?
Quote by Rebel Scum
Yeah I don't get it. Whats that got to do with anything?

I think it's cute. Problem?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Is there a version that doesn't have it censored anywhere?

I mean I'm pretty sure it's "genuine asshole" but I can't figure out how that's supposed to "reflect his parent's backgrounds"
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jul 7, 2013,
Somebody who has that tattoo has children?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
Somebody who has that tattoo has children?

Exactly. There should be a rule that said you're not allowed to **** anybody with that stupid of a tattoo. Not even a blowjob (and I'm looking at you, OP). There's a guy in my town with a tattoo of a naked lady going from his neck all the way down his back, and has been happily married for years.. Strangely, his biker ex-coke addict wife doesn't find it degrading to women. Some people are absolutely ******ed about their tattoos. This guy really is a genuine asshole
Quote by ne14t
I like a man's cream on my face every morning before my tea.

My girlfriend and her mom see each other nude daily for some weird reason
Quote by Neo Evil11
I think it's cute. Problem?

Nah, it just seemed liked a random thing to say...considering the topic.
Quote by Xeus
i believe tattoos are works of art

lol

more like people who are trash publicly outing themselves as such
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
lol

more like people who are trash publicly outing themselves as such

Because I'm sure none of your idols have tattoos.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Because I'm sure none of your idols have tattoos.

Jesus didn't have one.

/checkmate
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
wow that's probably the trashiest thing i've ever seen. with the little stars and everything.
you're a stone fox
Quote by TunerAddict
Jesus didn't have one.

/checkmate

Yeah but you can tell he was heavily into piercings in unconventional places.
Wow, this would've never happened when I lived in England. Now I live in American where rednecks have guns! *something about ponies or some shit*
you're a stone fox