Sos i was surfink ze interwebz lately, and came across one a deez...
[forbidden link]
Apparently they are super-legit and have a superb overdrive tone. Only problem is... they're like $300. That's like $299 more than i have in my wallet as we speak. But anyways, i was wondering if any of yous guys have ever owned one or had the chance to play one ever, and if they're worth the $300 price tag?

BTDubs i luvs Billy Corgan's lead tone. Looking to get something similar.
What amp do you have?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I, myself run two amps. First a Vox AC15 for cleans and a little lead work, and then a JCM 900 for all the rest. I'm looking for that super smooth cutting outrageous lead tone that he gets. It'd be a little easier if I had like a million dollars worth of rack gear too I guess.
But no one has had one of these? Seriously?
If you want something like Billy Corgans sound, the best option would be to find an Op-amp version of a big muff. That's where he got most of his sound for the earlier Smashing Pumpkins stuff, and there's are tons of guys out there making hand built Muff clones. Check out Stomp Under Foot's Pumpkin Pi, it's pretty much made for chasing that sound.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Hey thnx for the sugestion. are they as good as a skreddy zero or mayo?
I only feel like me when I'm behind my ax...
Quote by slayer1979
Hey thnx for the sugestion. are they as good as a skreddy zero or mayo?

Depends on what you mean by "good".
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Good as in:
Full and fat
Has good note definition
Good chord definition
Lots of sustain for riffing and soloing

...or am I asking a little too much?...
:O Cool. I would totes get one if I acquired no less than over 9000 dollars. Are there any clones that sound as good or better than the orig op amp BM?
You'll pay about $150 for a high quality clone, or find someone on a DIY forum who could build you one for cheaper (around $100-$125). If you're patient, you might be able to score a real V5 big muff for around $200.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I've considered all of those, yes. Constructing a clone seems like the funnest option, though. I can read a schematic, so getting the right type components would be the hardest part. I do like the sound of the V3 a lot more, though, it has this type of edge that the other has, but without the beehive in the background. That sort of juicy slice rhythm tone is what I'm after, and it's very fleeting.