I don't really know where to post this so please direct me if its the wrong place.

Well today i found out that my guitar teacher of around 2 years wouldn't be able to teach me anymore. This has left me in a difficult situation. He told me that we were getting towards the end of lessons and that i've done very well.Also, i should really get out and play with other musicians.

However i don't feel like my playing is of a standard to be able to do this.
Could anyone give me some pointers as to what i should do? Should i get another teacher? should i continue to teach myself?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Just do it, you're underestimating yourself and undervaluing how much you'll improve as a musician from working and creating with other musicians.
Quote by alexriffs
He told me that we were getting towards the end of lessons and that i've done very well.Also, i should really get out and play with other musicians.

your answer is right there.
its takes getting used to but its all for the better
you'll never feel that you're good enough. Start a band with like minded people, write songs and have fun.

Unless you were planning on making a career out of it, this is pretty much as good as it's going to get
I came to the end of my lessons a few months ago.

Now I just make music on my own. I don't learn as many songs as I used to.
When he said he couldn't teach you anymore, that means you have mastered most techniques that are used in reading and playing music. Now it's up to you to use what he taught you to your advantage and start writing your own stuff.

It's pretty much the most fun part about music there is aside from playing live so I would suggest taking your teacher's advice and start jamming and playing with other musicians. Try and make some friends who have had some experience and ask them all the questions you have. If they are passionate about music, they will gladly answer them all. When you are jamming, focus on listening to the other player and play only what would be a good addition to that riff in your head.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Last edited by cocacolabottle at Jul 7, 2013,
Thank you for the advice guys
However, he couldn't teach me anymore because he'd started a new job and i feel like my theory isn't up to scratch to write
Quote by alexriffs
Thank you for the advice guys
However, he couldn't teach me anymore because he'd started a new job and i feel like my theory isn't up to scratch to write

Don't worry about that. Writing music and learning theory go hand in hand. As you start making riffs, you start recognizing patterns after a while and the fretboard starts to make a lot more sense. Use your ears for now. Also, there's no shame in using techniques or sequences from other (famous) players and mutating them into something different, especially when you're just doing it to learn.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Thank you for all the advice guys very much appreciated.
Instead of thinking about what key or scale the riff i was writing was in i just worked it out by ear and i think i came up with something pretty cool
Quote by flexiblemile
you'll never feel that you're good enough. Start a band with like minded people, write songs and have fun.

This. I've been playing with others for a few years now and I almost always feel inadequate in comparison.
You sound like you're at the point where you are capable of teaching yourself to play the guitar properly. Go and find resources on things that you've always wanted to learn on guitar and learn it.