Right now I'm getting down the basic shred techniques and would like to Learn songs that utilizes these techniques. If you could reference me to a songs that's more on the begginer side and short if you could. I also saw some people talking about Paganini's Caprice 5th but I don't much about its difficulty.
Learn songs you want to learn, and just slow them down until you can play them and go from there. Why ask for songs you may not like when you could just pick one you like and work on that?
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Yeah that's what I do. I just pick songs to work on and try to learn the feel, speed etc of bouncing around the neck.
you have my permission to play paganini's 5th when you can read it off the violin sheet
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I'm fully aware. Every time i go to guitar center there's a 15 yo in there trying to play eugene's trick bag or some lame derivative sweep from a john petrucci vid, and it's always sloppy, inconsistent, and about 240 bpm over their comfort zone because they turn the distortion on their amp to 10 and think that covers up the fact that they're poorly regurgitating a tab

learn your shred music by ear, and if it's a classical adaptation, transpose it from the original. this forces you to slow down and legitimately ingrain the music you're playing instead of encouraging you to ask for which tabs to look up
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Patsfan1281
Right now I'm getting down the basic shred techniques and would like to Learn songs that utilizes these techniques. If you could reference me to a songs that's more on the begginer side and short if you could. I also saw some people talking about Paganini's Caprice 5th but I don't much about its difficulty.

Metallica has some great stuff for the beginner level. That should keep you plenty busy
I personally think that a "Beginner shred guitarist" is an oxymoron. If you can actually shred, then you've put in a lot of hours of practice in speed and technique, thus not being a beginner.

I wouldn't focus in playing fast things so much. IMO just focus on playing the guitar in general and building up a decent skill set. If you want to specialize in shredding, go ahead, but only after you can actually play first.
"I agree with Matthew about everything" - Everyone
Quote by Hail
I'm fully aware. Every time i go to guitar center there's a 15 yo in there trying to play eugene's trick bag or some lame derivative sweep from a john petrucci vid, and it's always sloppy, inconsistent, and about 240 bpm over their comfort zone because they turn the distortion on their amp to 10 and think that covers up the fact that they're poorly regurgitating a tab

learn your shred music by ear, and if it's a classical adaptation, transpose it from the original. this forces you to slow down and legitimately ingrain the music you're playing instead of encouraging you to ask for which tabs to look up

A "beginner shred guitarist" can play the same things an "advanced shred guitarist" would. Just really slow. Technique comes before speed.
Quote by Hail

Ditto. Also, you can try your hand at the composition of your own etudes, because, if you are learning things in the right order, then you will actually be able to compose etudes right at your own level.
happy birthday

seriously though,

theres no such thing as a 'beginner shred guitarist'

the chops are there or there not.

If there not there then you just need time to work on em so learn whatever songs you want at a slow speed and just work at that level for a while.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Last edited by British_Steal at Jul 8, 2013,
Quote by British_Steal
Happy birthday.

Seriously, though;

There's no such thing as a 'beginner shred guitarist'.

The chops are either there or they're not there.

If they're not there then you just need time to work on 'em, so learn whatever songs you want at a slow speed and just work at that level for a while.

Sorry, but FTFY.
"Shred" is an abused term. Playing "shred guitar" just means playing difficult or fast passages skillfully. It is not limited to one style, and being a 'shredder' doesn't mean you have to be like Steve Vai, Jason Becker, Satriani, Malmsteen, etc etc.

Your best bet is to develop your skills by finding licks, patterns and turnarounds that you like and playing them SLOWLY and CAREFULLY until you can play them perfectly, then speed it up. Paganini's 5th might be beyond your skill level, but you can pick out pieces to learn and practice to develop your skills.
Isolation is a gift. All the others are a test of your endurance.