Hi. I'm new to this guitar effects world. Over the past few months I have purchased a few. After doing some research on effects and what they do I'm looking at getting a compression pedal. Anyone know anything about the ModTone Lemon Squeeze Compressor effect pedal? Is it any good? Thinking about that or the MXR Super Comp. Any suggestions folks? I'm on a budget though. $80-$100 bucks is probably my max give or take.

Thanks in Advance for the help
Depends, what exactly do you want the comp to do for you?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I want to even out single string picking as well as and some balance to my jazz playing. To add some sustain and get ride of the sharp peaks when the strings are hit. Into reggae and rock as well.
Only two Ive ever heard that I was fond of were the Empress Comp and the Diamond Comp

EDIT: Only just saw the budget bit. Hmm. That makes things tougher
The Boss CS-3 is good for overt, squashing compression. The MXR Super Comp might be as well, but I'm not very familiar with it.

Most of the nicer, more expensive comps tend to really strive for subtlety, and unfortunately aren't good for killing dynamics. I don't really get the point of subtlety in a compressor, since that seems to defeat the purpose of what they're for, but guitarists aren't exactly the smartest bunch.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have a ModTone Lemon Squeeze Compressor. You can crank all the knobs and still barely tell it's on. I had a chorus pedal from them that was like that too, it didn't matter how you set it, it just didn't do hardly anything. However, if you try the floor models they have at guitar stores, the pedals act MUCH differently... Maybe I just got some from a bad bunch? I'd take the BOSS CS-3 over my Lemon Squeeze in a heartbeat
I played a used barber (tone press? Iirc) and liked it. That may be that i am not a fan of compressors in generalI and haven't tried a diamond or empress model can't remember a whole lot about it, it was a year or two ago. It left a good taste in my mouth.

I owned a dynacomp for about 8 hours ( seriously) i was going through lots of gear.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jul 8, 2013,
I've been thinking about getting a better compressor lately as well, does anyone have any thoughts/experience with the Seymour Duncan Doubleback Compressor pedal?

I don't know US prices, but based on UK prices a used one should fall in TS's budget (and conveniently its in my budget too....) and all reviews etc I've read/watched seem like it would do the job pretty well.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud