i wear out a tortex .88 pick everyday does anyone else seem to wear their picks out this quick or should i change my playing? lol
Every day? Are you eating them?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by NakedInTheRain
are you strumming a chainsaw?

Or even a belt sander?
I have a few picks I wear out in less than a week, then again I have one blue pick that I have for almost 2 years. Okay, It was missing like 10 months but I'm playing with it for 4 months now. It's 1mm by the way.
That's an extremely short lifespan, even for that thickness. I'm sure it must still be in a reasonable state although clearly not 'mint' condition. Maybe you just need to get used to a slightly worn pick...?
One day? That's kinda odd. I have had a pack of 24 Jazz III's for about a year now and not one of them has worn down to the point where it affects my playing :S Granted, I've lost a few over the time I've had them but none of them are unplayable. Like StuartBahn said above; Maybe you DO need to get used to slightly worn picks xD
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Quote by SimplyBen
What do you mean by wear out?

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i find the gatorgrips last longer. they don't serrate as quickly. that's one reason i switched to them... i wasn't wearing out a pick in one playing session, but often they'd serrate as much that they might as well be worn out (i'm guessing that's what you mean).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like using worn out Jazz IIIs. Out of the few dozen that I have, I really only use 2.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I can flatten an Ultex in a four hour show.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
By wearing out you mean that the pick loses its point, or that it gets serrated? I can understand wearing out the points (I do it all the time on acoustic gigs) but at .88 it's kinda strange

Btw, Wegen Bluegrass picks do the trick for me.
Last edited by Deledhel at Jul 8, 2013,
well, any kind of hard stubby pick like a jazz 3 should last quite a while.

i have gotten stuck on the DAVA smaller grippy picks. whatever plastic they use seems to never wear. they only go away when i lose them. i suspect its delrin.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ixshadowz
i wear out a tortex .88 pick everyday does anyone else seem to wear their picks out this quick or should i change my playing? lol

+1 maybe you need to readjust your picking method or attack.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I use Tortex 1mm and they last ages. Even then, when they start getting a little worn and frayed I have been known to file them down on a concrete floor to get a useable point back.

Not that I'm tight-fisted, I just don't believe in wastage.
Like taking crapped out leads and making patch leads out of the good parts.

Waste not, want not...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.