JF-02 Ultimate Drive = Fulltone OCD
JF-03 Crunch Distortion = Mi Audio Crunch box
JF-04 High Gain Distortion = Marshall Shredmaster
JF-05 Classic Chorus = Boss CE-2
JF-06 Vintage Phase = MXR phase 90
JF-07 Classic Flanger = ?
JF-08 Digital Delay = ?
JF-09 Tremolo = Diaz Tremodillo
JF-10 Dynamic Compressor = MXR Dyna Comp.
JF-11 6 Band EQ - MXR 6 Band EQ
JF-12 Voodoo Octave (Fuzz Ultimate Octave) = Fulltone Ultimate Octave
JF-13 AC Tone = Tech 21 Character, Liverpool
JF-14 American Sound = Tech 21 Character, Blonde
JF-15 California Sound = Tech 21 Character, California
JF-16 British Sound = Tech 21 Character, British
JF-17 Extreme Metal = EHX Metal Muff
(JDI-01 DI Box)
(JF-30 A/B Switch)
JF-31 Noise Gate = ?
JF-32 Plexi Drive = Wampler Plexi-drive (???)
JF-33 Analog Delay = ?
JF-34 US Dream = Suhr Riot
JF-35 Pocket Metal = ?
JF-36 Sweet Baby = Mad Professor Sweet Honey
JF-37 Analog Chorus = ?
JF-38 Roll Boost = ?
JF-39 Deluxe Crunch = ?

Anything you can add to the list would definitely be appreciated!
Not sure you've got the JF-10 Dynamic Compressor right.

I'm basing that solely on the fact that the Dyna Comp only has 2 controls (output & sensitivity), whereas the Joyo has 3 (level, attack and sustain).
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Jul 8, 2013,
i think a few of those are wrong.

far as i'm aware:

You said:

JF-05 Classic Chorus = Boss CE-2- I think someone on freestompboxes said it was an ibanez CS9 clone.

JF-07 Classic Flanger = ?- I think it's the mxr flanger

JF-08 Digital Delay = ?- i don't think it's a clone as such, but i think it's a fairly stand pt2399 analogue-voiced digital delay type of thing.

i thought the ross compressor was pretty close to the dyna comp? might explain that (don't quote me on that, though).

JF-31 Noise Gate = ?- I dunno for sure (I haven't tried it), but i'm guessing by dint of the fact it only has one knob it's gotta be either a decimator or mxr clone, right?

JF-32 Plexi Drive = Wampler Plexi-drive (???)- I strongly suspect it's a carl martin plexitone clone. Its colour scheme is the same, the knobs match up, and the clips i've heard of the carl martin (I haven't tried it) sound almost identical to my joyo.

JF-35 Pocket Metal = ?- I haven't tried it but i've heard people say it's a boss metalzone (more or less).

JF-37 Analog Chorus = ?- I haven't tried it, but if the other joyo chorus is indeed an ibanez clone, this one could well be the ce2 clone.

JF-38 Roll Boost = ?- I've heard people say it's a catlinbread Super Chili Picoso clone.

JF-39 Deluxe Crunch = ?- I've heard people say it's a fulltone plimsoul clone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Vendetta V
do these guys have any envelope filters?

Never seen one yet
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
i am quite shocked. i youtubed a few of these vs the real pedals and they seem to sound quite similar. i know a youtube isnt that great, but i expected to hear any form of tonal change and really didnt.

are these things legit?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by GaryBillington
Not sure you've got the JF-10 Dynamic Compressor right.

I'm basing that solely on the fact that the Dyna Comp only has 2 controls (output & sensitivity), whereas the Joyo has 3 (level, attack and sustain).

You are right. And what's the JF-10 clone of?
^ no problem

I'm guessing the jf10 is either the ross as they said or the dyna. I think they're pretty similar. the other thing is, not all of them are one to one clones, sometimes they're slightly tweaked. the shredmaster clone has no bass knob, for example, but that doesn't mean it's not very, very, very closely based on one.

Quote by ikey_
i am quite shocked. i youtubed a few of these vs the real pedals and they seem to sound quite similar. i know a youtube isnt that great, but i expected to hear any form of tonal change and really didnt.

are these things legit?

yeah.

don't get me wrong- they're made to be as cheap as possible. whether i'd want to rely on one for an important gig is a whole other question. but they do sound pretty good, especially considering how cheap they are.

they aren't the only cheap clones available, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well right. but other comparable pedals like behringer should be smashed immidiately with a sledge hammer upon opening the package.

are joyos made of metal?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
are joyos made of metal?
Yes.
Quote by ikey_
well right. but other comparable pedals like behringer should be smashed immidiately with a sledge hammer upon opening the package.
That's a bit harsh - if you're only practicing at home some of them are OK, but I definitely wouldn't gig them. I had the Behringer Delay/Reverb pedal a while back and it was acceptable.

However, I once tried a Rockburn branded pedal (made by Belcat) once, it was the absolute worst thing I'd ever used. Even when it was off, the "true-bypass" was so poor it completely ruined my tone, even to the point where it distorted my clean sound.

I don't know how internationally available they are, but another good but cheap brand is Artec (sometimes branded as Guitar Tech). I've tried a few of their pedals & they're pretty high quality & are built really solidly.

EDIT: For your entertainment, here's the review of the Rockburn pedal I tried.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Jul 10, 2013,
that poor effect seemed to be there when i was using behringer pedals. it was so bad the owner took it off his board and never used it again. it was at a gig.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
never tried behringer

but yeah the joyos are metal. some other cheap pedals are metal too- daphon (some of them), mooer, etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
but yeah the joyos are metal.

yeah! metal!
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
hehe
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Found this list from http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpost.php?p=14451784&postcount=6

JF-01 Vintage Overdrive = Ibanez TS-808
JF-02 Ultimate Drive = Fulltone OCD (or Rip off Freakish Blues)
JF-03 Crunch Distortion = Mi Audio Crunch box
JF-04 High Gain Distortion = Marshall Shredmaster
JF-05 Classic Chorus = ?
JF-06 Vintage Phase = MXR phase 90
JF-07 Classic Flanger = ?
JF-08 Digital Delay = ?
JF-09 Tremolo = Diaz Tremodillo
JF-10 Dynamic Compressor = MXR Dyna Comp.
JF-11 6 Band EQ - MXR 6 Band EQ
JF-12 Voodoo Octave (Fuzz Ultimate Octave) = Fulltone Ultimate Octave
JF-13 AC Tone (Tech 21 character, Liverpool = VOX AC30 amp)
JF-14 American Sound (Tech 21 Character, Blonde = Fender Amps)
JF-15 California Sound (Tech 21 Character, California = Mesa Boogie Amps)
JF-16 British Sound (Tech 21 Character, British = Marshall Amps)
JF-17 Extreme Metal = EHX Metal Muff
JF-31 Noise Gate = ISP Decimator
JF-32 Plexi Drive = Wampler Plexi-drive
JF-33 Analog Delay = MXR Carbon
JF-34 US Dream = Suhr Riot
JF-35 Pocket Metal = ?
JF-36 Sweet Baby = Mad Professor Sweet Honey
JF-37 Analog Chorus = 1980's Boss Chorus
JF-38 Roll Boost = MXR Micro Amp

They are also re-branded as Harley Benton (Thomanns house brand)
http://www.thomann.de/fi/search.html?KF=on&gk=giefvz&oa=ala&bn=Harley+Benton&pr=&wgfid1=8313&wgf8313=&wgfid2=8314&wgf8314=&wgfid3=8315&wgf8315=&wgfid4=8316&wgf8316=
Last edited by Evergrey at Aug 24, 2013,
behringer pedals aren't bad at all soundwise but they won't take a beating. metal enclosure doesn't mean tha the footswitch isn't crap etc so don't be fooled by that.
Quote by monwobobbo
behringer pedals aren't bad at all soundwise but they won't take a beating. metal enclosure doesn't mean tha the footswitch isn't crap etc so don't be fooled by that.

The plastic on Behringer pedals is actually quite sturdy. You can smash the thing to a floor and it stays intact.

Same cannot be said of the knobs and the insides however.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
The plastic on Behringer pedals is actually quite sturdy. You can smash the thing to a floor and it stays intact.

Same cannot be said of the knobs and the insides however.

yeah I had a few and they held up ok but as has been mentioned they probably wouldn't hold up well for gigging. kinda my point as just because the casing is better the guts r still cheap and may not hold up. footswitches tend to be the most notorious for that.
Quote by Evergrey

I've also seen them rebranded as "Rocktronics" at my local guitar shop.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
just to add to that list, I strongly suspect the hot plexi is the carl martin plexi tone, not the wampler. I haven't opened mine up, but it sounds almost identical to the soundclips on the carl martin site, the case is the same colour, it has the same knobs, etc. etc. etc.

i've heard (on freestompboxes) that the chorus (the older one) is the ibanez one, and the flanger is the mxr. i think i heard somewhere that the pocket metal might be a tweaked MT2, but I'm not sure about that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
JF-39 Deluxe Crunch is same as Fulltone PlimSOUL / and EHX Soul Food /and KLON KTR

KLON KTR and JF-39 sharse same knobs and colourway resemblances too... Pics here...

(Invalid img)

This has been a subtle pedal just doing its thing - a play and a listen will convince you. Are also YTube cross references to support this.
Last edited by 59bassman at Feb 8, 2014,
As i said over at the fretboard, from all i heard the deluxe crunch was a plimsoul clone, not a klon clone- the plimsoul isn't a klon, as far as i'm aware. I could be wrong, but
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My 2 minutes search revealed nothing that makes me think about the plimsoul being a klon clone.

Plus, since I'm already here, the JF-35 is a stripped down version of the extreme metal which is a clone of the metal muff, so if maths' with me tonight, the pocket metal is a stripped down version of the metal muff.
And even if it's not so, it's not a clone of the metal zone for sure.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.