Page 1 of 2
I have one.

Back in 7th grade I broke my ankle playing tackle football for school. The day I went in to get the xray for my foot there was Mexicans running around yelling and screaming. Turns out they hit a hornets nest. Now little defenseless me was being wheelchaired into the building. As this was happening my mother pushed the chair right through the area where the hornets nest was and said, and I quote, "You'll be fine." I was stung 17 times. She wasn't stung at all.

I've been terrified of wasps/hornets ever since. I'm 21 now. This happened 8 years ago.

I ask because today as I go to cut my lawn I see a hornets nest right at the door of my shed. It's not big. Maybe a little bigger than a golf ball. There's about 4-6 of them flying around it now. I dropped the weed wacker just as I realized it was there and said to myself, **** it. No lawn cutting today. How do I get rid of this horrible creation?
There was an underground hornet nest when we were camping once. My brother found it and covered the hole with some wood or something. Called me over and said "hey Tom, check this out! There's something really awesome under there!". Took the thing away and was swarmed with hornets, covered head to toe in stings.

I put a bee in his pop to get revenge and it stung him in the mouth.

Stupid asshole.

P.S. we were like 5 or something.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I accidentally knocked one out of a bush the size of a football. Got stung like 15 times.

Never again
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jul 8, 2013,
Quote by naedauuf
There was an underground hornet nest when we were camping once. My brother found it and covered the hole with some wood or something. Called me over and said "hey Tom, check this out! There's something really awesome under there!". Took the thing away and was swarmed with hornets, covered head to toe in stings.

I put a bee in his pop to get revenge and it stung him in the mouth.

Stupid asshole.

P.S. we were like 5 or something.

Christ, you coulda got killed

No experiences with hornet's nests luckily
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Hornet's have stingers? I thought they were just annoying ****ers like moths and flies.
me and my friends played with wasps nest all day errday, was hilarious

one weekend i was away at my dads place, when i came back they were both terribly stung

it was quite an experience
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
There was one in the outer brickwork of our old beat up house we had as kids. So we would insert the hose in it, turn it on and hide inside.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
My uncle just got stung 5 times the other day while mowing. He's allergic.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Sell your place to another person. Their problem then.

I haven't had an experience with hornets, but I grew up on a farm, and a few years ago my dad and I were cleaning out my grandparent's barn lot. They have an old antique gas pump that was sitting over in a corner of the lot at the time. It was heavy, so my dad grabbed some chains and I pulled the tractor over so we could get it in the giant bucket on the front end of the tractor and move it somewhere else. When my dad went to put the chains around it, he covered the small area of the tank where the little gun goes into with his right arm. There was a good size hornet's nest inside that he knocked loose, and they stung him to pieces! I've never seen him run faster... I had to hit the brakes on the tractor because he almost ran right into me since he wasn't looking where he was going.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
We usually get wasps tring to build a nest here so we usually get rid of it by spraying it with a wasp and hornet killer then we get the hose and wash it away.
STಠ_ಠ
One of my favorite memories is of my grandpa doing battle with one.

In Maryland, we had these particularly nasty bald faced hornets set up shop in our pear tree. The nest got absolutely massive and when my grandpa came to visit, he wasn't going to let it lay. He literally just wraps some old rags around a broom handle, douses it in kerosene, lights it up and marches out there and shoves it right in the nest. The thing goes up in flames and the hornets come out full force and he doesn't even flinch.

It was a pretty cool day to be a grandson.
We were shooting airsoft guns in a field one time. Their are these little evergreen trees that are about seven feet tall. Inside one of them was a huge hornets nest that was almost as big as the tree. My buddy finds it and decides to pop a few rounds into it. I walked over to the tree (not knowing about the nest) because I had left some gear over there. One of them went into my hair and ripped into my scalp. Then about 50 of them swarmed us. We dropped everything and sprinted home

Whenever we have hornets or bees in our backyard, we'll light a few smoke bombs near the nest and smoke them out, then when they're gone we'll destroy the nest so they won't come back
Personally, i'd get a pressure washer and blast those ****ers away from a distance.

If no pressure washer, get a bag of bricks and start chuckin them until you knock that shit out of the tree.

edit:

Quote by OneHappyCamper

God i wish i wasn't so afraid of bugs. I could only make it through like 30 seconds of that video before i had to turn it off.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 8, 2013,
When I was young, my cousin and I used to throw rocks at hornets nest and then run away. It was actually a lot of fun. Not smart, but fun. Surprisingly I was only even stung once.
Quote by Masquirina
Just massive 2-inch+ mosquitoes growing up that left 2-inch+ bites.

Probably not mosquitoes, man.
Hornets, no. Wasps, yes.

When I was a toddler, my family owned a pub which had loads of land as well, and there was a forested bit where rhubarb and brambles would grow, so we went in quite often. One day, I was walking through leaf litter, and my foot when right into an underground nest. The only part of my body uncovered was my face and neck. The doctors stopped counting at 100 stings. Ever since I've had hypersensitivity to wasp stings.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The doctors stopped counting at 100 stings.

I would have just asked to die if I got that many stings. That's horrible, and for a little child to go through that is just crazy.

Bees/Wasps/Hornets are terrible creatures.
Quote by Jako215
I would have just asked to die if I got that many stings. That's horrible, and for a little child to go through that is just crazy.

Bees/Wasps/Hornets are terrible creatures.

I like to believe that if you get stung by something with an exoskeleton, you gain it's powers.

Unfortunately, I gained the ability of having a sweet tooth rather than the power of flight
You are now aware that...

..this works.

I had a hornet and bee problem in my apartment the first 4 months I lived there. Bees were getting in through my ventilation and a hornets nest was roosted above my main door entrance. The hornets were 2 inches long and yellows as bananas. I sprayed those mother fucckers into oblivion with this raid spray.

It has become my offensive and defensive shield against bros and not bros.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Hornets, no. Wasps, yes.

When I was a toddler, my family owned a pub which had loads of land as well, and there was a forested bit where rhubarb and brambles would grow, so we went in quite often. One day, I was walking through leaf litter, and my foot when right into an underground nest. The only part of my body uncovered was my face and neck. The doctors stopped counting at 100 stings. Ever since I've had hypersensitivity to wasp stings.

Holy shit man. I'm glad you came out of it alive.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
When I was a kid I got trapped in our garage once with a bumble bee circling around me. Scary as hell cuz the fucker was HUGE.

I got out alive tho. I'm not scared of bees or wasps now like TS wat a pansy lol
Quote by Trowzaa
hahahahaha get ****ing #rekt you bee bastards

But sometimes it's the hornets that get #rekt, and in a really smart move by the bees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5QxUR-mZVM

Also related:

http://www.10news.com/news/watercooler/hornets-nest-the-size-of-a-volkswagen-beetle-wont-buzz-off-06112013
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Last edited by OneHappyCamper at Jul 9, 2013,
Page 1 of 2