Right now, I'm sitting on a cache of tens, maybe a hundred complete songs, most of which don't have lyrics. The only thing stopping me from recording and releasing them is that I can't scream (or sing, really), but that's changing.
Anyway, I thought I'd post one of these things. I just finished the first draft yesterday, and ended up with a sort of Finnish melodeath track. None of those Gothenburg riffs, just massive piles of melody and keys.
Attachments:
Eye To Eye.zip
I just want to say that I listened to like 70% of it and I think it's fucking great. I'll review this one later for shure.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
A bit cheesier than I normally like my Melodeath (this definitely feels like power metal at times,) but you certainly have created an epic feeling bit of music here.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Definitely got that medieval feeling; really powerful song, though I would have liked a guitar solo or some harmonies, but then again, it wouldn't be your song lol
Ometh: Coming from you, that's impressive. Thanks!
ChemicalFire: Damning with faint praise? It's okay, I had it coming.
VictorG: Funny, I purposely went for a more modern sound with this one. You don't want to see me go full medieval, in that case
I was saying it's good for what it is, it's just not the kind of Melodeath I tend to like :P
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Metal isn't really my thing, but this was great. There's so much room for expanding on what you already have, like choir / bass fills / harp / quartet / guitar solos, I think if you really filled up the song it would be incredible. I didn't really like the chorus because it all kind of built up to it and it wasn't very exciting compared to the cadence at 109, for instance. I think you could make a killer chorus by modifying 113 to 120.

The acoustic break is very well placed, and though I'm not very much a solo guy, I think an acoustic solo ala Kharon by Chelsea Grin would go very well there (but obviously a bit more uplifting).

Overall 7/10, you're really good. Is this your solo work?
Thanks! I write by myself.
Lines like the part at 109 (and the like) is to keep the parts between the choruses interesting, while the chorus itself has a more complete melody. The kind of thing that a listener (or audience member) can sing (or who-o-oa) along with. It's hooks versus melodies; one is to get your attention, the other is the meat and potatoes of the song.
And yeah, an acoustic solo could help, if done correctly.