Going deaf?..maybe not total deafness but sorts of auditory damage. As musicians we constantly are listening to music and all kinds of volumes at any given time.

discuss.
If you're not careful, tinnitus is a possibility. But it's not hard to be careful; use earplugs when at loud gigs/rehearsals, don't listen to music too loudly with headphones.
Barring infection from sticking your fingers in there too often, your chances are slim.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Jul 8, 2013,
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
i always use ear plugs when gigging and if i'm at a loud bar and don't have earplugs, some tissue paper in each ear i find helps with the high end flying from the cymbals and what not so it's not as harsh to listen to. when recording i have my amp in another room with the mics and i play outside the room so i can listen to the playback through headphones. i do have a bit of hearing loss still from being lazy sometimes, but i'm being more careful these days. when listening to a recording mix for example, try to mix at a talking volume to save your ears. listen louder when you think you have what you want. also take breaks to give your ears a break.

a good pair of musician earplugs are a good investment and i'm looking into getting some. they will cost probably a couple hundred bucks, but they fit easier, work better, and are less visible to others. also, something simple like making sure you don't have sound blasting directly at you helps. if you are listening to music loud, try playing it somewhere in the room from you or direct the speakers away from you. or arrange the speakers in a good position for listening in stereo and you'll probably find it seems louder to you and you don't need to turn it up as much.

just little things here and there can go a long way. if you do only one of those, use ear plugs while gigging and practicing with a band or playing guitar by yourself loud. i also play drums and wear ear plugs all the time with them. they sound beefier anyway with earplugs.
^listen to this guy, his username says it all
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do