Hi All,

so my friend is already an accomplished classical guitarist but she wants to branch out in the world of electric.

She prefers clean sounds and doesn't mind having only a small overdrive, she loves joe bonamossa,
She will mostly play at home or with a few other musicians (no drums)
Budget isn't REALLY a consideration under 500, maybe up to 1000 if you have VERY convincing arguments
She doesn't have a guitar yet but she's looking at a PRS CE24 or a strat (yeah I know...)
We live in montreal

So do any of you have any experience with this amp? Scuttlebutt? known problems? etc I'm trying to push her to get a vox ac15...
It's great.

Loved mine and I miss not having it to blast away one.

Great clean tones, nice and varied gain tones and pleasantly surprising good effects with a nice overal tone.

It's a great amp and I much prefer it to the Vox.

It's also pretty loud when you want to really push it, the clean channel breaks up really nicely and does blues brilliantly.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Considering she likes cleans, a Fender is probably the way to go. I can't vouch for or against a super champ because I've never tried one, but I own a larger Fender tweed amp, which has phenomenal cleans and a pretty decent drive channel.

Honestly, the best way would be to go to Steve's (on St. Antoine Ouest) or Moog (on St. Laurent Ouest). Just be careful not to go to Jack's, which is on the left of Steve's because the employee there is a jerk.
Quote by Wicer
Considering she likes cleans, a Fender is probably the way to go. I can't vouch for or against a super champ because I've never tried one, but I own a larger Fender tweed amp, which has phenomenal cleans and a pretty decent drive channel.

Honestly, the best way would be to go to Steve's (on St. Antoine Ouest) or Moog (on St. Laurent Ouest). Just be careful not to go to Jack's, which is on the left of Steve's because the employee there is a jerk.

First time I bought an amp, when I was 16, I got totally swindled by Jack's. I put a curse on that store every halloween. I usually go to italmelodie on jean talon though.

We'll go to the archambault on anjou to check it out cuz I know the guy a bit and since it's not so busy, he doesn't mind if we crank it and hang out for a while.

I like fender cleans too. I have a seventies vibrochamp and it's a really swell machine. It would be perfect for her actually, but they're impossible to come by.

But the reason why I'm pushing her for the AC15 is because she likes my AC30 and there's a nice one for sale cheap
Quote by flexiblemile
First time I bought an amp, when I was 16, I got totally swindled by Jack's. I put a curse on that store every halloween. I usually go to italmelodie on jean talon though.

We'll go to the archambault on anjou to check it out cuz I know the guy a bit and since it's not so busy, he doesn't mind if we crank it and hang out for a while.

I like fender cleans too. I have a seventies vibrochamp and it's a really swell machine. It would be perfect for her actually, but they're impossible to come by.

But the reason why I'm pushing her for the AC15 is because she likes my AC30 and there's a nice one for sale cheap

Yeah that guy at Jack's was trying to sell me a used Fender Blues Deluxe (the amp that I have and love) for virtually the same price as a new one without taxes. As for Archambault, I didn't really think of it that much because the only one I really go to is the one that intersects on Berry to try out Gibsons and what not. Still, considering I'm out in the West Island, there isn't much of a great choice for music stores for higher end amps.
Super Champs are awesome. Really wish I had one. My buddy's sounds awesome after he had it biased.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Last edited by Shadowofravenwo at Jul 8, 2013,
Quote by Wicer
Yeah that guy at Jack's was trying to sell me a used Fender Blues Deluxe (the amp that I have and love) for virtually the same price as a new one without taxes. As for Archambault, I didn't really think of it that much because the only one I really go to is the one that intersects on Berry to try out Gibsons and what not. Still, considering I'm out in the West Island, there isn't much of a great choice for music stores for higher end amps.

I can relate to that, I grew up in beaconsfield and it took a while before I realized those two idiot hippies at option plus in ste-anne de bellevue were screwing me over. Apparently they had a fight, got butt hurt and they have different stores now. My luthier tells me that the anglophone one (I just think of him as Chong since I don't know his name) sells weed out of his store... You just go tell him you have empty tubes and he'll bring you out back to his "real" store
I have the SCXD and IMO it's a great amp. And if she gets a pickup for her classical guitar, the Acoustisonic voice on the XD will work really well.
Last edited by fly135 at Jul 9, 2013,