Me and my friend do a lot of collaboration via Ableton - we're both fairly experienced in the program (my friend more than me) and what we're looking for is an online course to take us through mixing, mastering etc - doesn't have to be free, willing to pay if worth it.

Sort of music we're interested in learning is in the realm of Matt Lange, Andrew Bayer etc

Any recommendations? books also welcomed as well.
Not sure if you specifically want courses, but there are tutorial channels on YouTube on recording/mixing/mastering. This is the channel I watch. It has 3 series of '5 Minutes to a Better Mix' episodes on things that can improve your mix. It isn't super in depth but there's a lot of bitesize information you can take in.

http://www.youtube.com/user/recordingrevolution
NOPE.
TBH, I've always been baffled how people think they can learn to mix from an online course or series. I mean... they CAN work, but you've also got to be in a good listening environment, with decent monitors, to actually hear what they're trying to explain to you. If you haven't already invested a good bit of money in recording equipment, online classes with videos and things aren't any better than just buying some books and reading about it, unless you specifically just want to learn how to use your DAW, not actually mix with it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Try www.Lynda.com they have excellent courses in just about everything including an amazing 9 hour course on Logic 9. If you search for "7 day free trial Lynda" you should find a free trial if they're still offering it.
Quote by StuartBahn
Try www.Lynda.com they have excellent courses in just about everything including an amazing 9 hour course on Logic 9. If you search for "7 day free trial Lynda" you should find a free trial if they're still offering it.

Thanks man I'll have a look on this.

Quote by charvel_man
Not sure if you specifically want courses, but there are tutorial channels on YouTube on recording/mixing/mastering. This is the channel I watch. It has 3 series of '5 Minutes to a Better Mix' episodes on things that can improve your mix. It isn't super in depth but there's a lot of bitesize information you can take in.

http://www.youtube.com/user/recordingrevolution

I remember seeing one of these videos before but forgot who done them, so thanks for this.

Quote by MatrixClaw
TBH, I've always been baffled how people think they can learn to mix from an online course or series. I mean... they CAN work, but you've also got to be in a good listening environment, with decent monitors, to actually hear what they're trying to explain to you. If you haven't already invested a good bit of money in recording equipment, online classes with videos and things aren't any better than just buying some books and reading about it, unless you specifically just want to learn how to use your DAW, not actually mix with it

I can only work with what I've got and learn to make the most of it.