Ok so, to my knowledge, checking guitar cables with a multimeter should tell you if it's ok or not.

so i tested it, im at 200k resistance, i put the sleeve of one end, with the sleve of the other end, read 0 ( which should be ok ) .

Tested the tip of one end to the tip of another end , read 0 ( which again is a good reading )

http://i39.tinypic.com/2j68zmb.png ( i didn't exactly use the tip , since i cant stabalize my hand on the tip , so i put it on like between , marked green of both sides )

So that reading was on a working cable i didn't have trouble with.

So i wanted to test a cable that doesn't work ( zilch no sound )
And i got the same reading, which should mean it's good, but it's not even working ?

Can someone shed some light?
Last edited by weirdzaid at Jul 8, 2013,
dunno what meter you are using, but my meter has a continuity tester. the continuity tester just lets you check the cable as you describe and it will make a beep noise if you have continuity and it won't beep if it isn't passing signal.

also, if your multimeter is reading straight flat 0 then something may be up. the cord should supply at least a little bit of resistance (as it isn't a perfect ideal material for passing electrical signal). maybe if you set the ohms range lower you'll see the minuscule resistance the cord is providing

ideally i would test the cable with a continuity tester though instead of trying to measure resistance. hopefully your multimeter has that option.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I've just realized that i had a continuity test aswell, ok so, sleeve and sleeve beep , tip and tip beep,

sleeve and tip of same connector shouldn't beep, sleeve of one connector and tip of the other connected shouldn't beep.

Am i correct that that's the ideal facts?

Now , my cable that doesn't work beeps between the tip and sleeve of same connector, and beeps between tip of one connector and sleeve of the other. and the rest is normal as it would in a working cable,

now how do i know where the problem lies? In the cable itself? in the connector?
Your ideal facts are correct. You have a short somewhere which grounds the signal (tip) to the ground (sleeve). In 99% of all cases there is a problem on the connection of the plug and the cable. Open it up and see if something is touching that is not supposed to. Redo the soldering.