Page 1 of 2
Hey, everyone. You all know that there are a lot of problems in the world we live in; people kill each other for meaningless wars, women and men a like are raped and their rapers may never see justice, children starve to death before they really experience anything good, and so on and so forth. Well, there are good things in this life too, things that people hold on to and they use to get themselves through the days. I wanted to ask you, each and every one of you who reads this, what it was that you hold on to that gets you through life, even when you know all these horrible things happen while you're reading this post?

Thank you for your time, in advance. And mods, if you'd like to close this thread then I'll understand.
Dreams of nothingness
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
OP is a fag
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Love and the very fact that I exist.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
My sig.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Good & bad shit happens. Nothing has to mean anything, just chill out and enjoy the good stuff. Do yourself a favour, make up for clicking on this thread. Because it's the shitty shit.
The best answer I can come up with is that in spite of all the bad things happening around the world and the more mundane problems of day to day life, even at those times when I struggle to find a purpose to my life...

I still want to see what happens next.
Acceptance that I can't stop all of the horrible things that happen to people every day. I just gotta keep on living as fully and happily as I can while helping all that I can on the way. I really just think a big thing in life is realizing what things you can control and what things you cannot control. If you can control something for the better, then do it. If something happens that you can't control, don't worry about it. Only focus on positively affecting the things that you can control. That doesn't mean forget about all of the bad stuff that happens to people every day, but just be realistic in whether or not it's something that you can help or not. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't.

Also:

"Given the scale of life in the cosmos, one human life is no more than a tiny blip. Each one of us is a just visitor to this planet, a guest, who will only stay for a limited time. What greater folly could there be than to spend this short time alone, unhappy or in conflict with our companions? Far better, surely, to use our short time here in living a meaningful life, enriched by our sense of connection with others and being of service to them."
- Dalai Lama

I try not be negative or unhappy or in conflict with anybody and instead be positive and happy and helpful. I light a candle instead of cursing the darkness.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Well thanks a lot TS for telling me this. I didn't know that shit happens in the world because I don't watch the news. And now I feel like a terrible person for my ignorance...

Not really though, I know there's nothing I can do so I don't bother thinking 'bout what happens elsewhere. Also, music!
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Stubbornness, spite, and a fascination with my own mind.

Those are truly the things the keep me going when I feel really bad.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I am turning 50 years old today. I consider myself to be in much better physical condition that other 50 year olds. I watch what I eat and exercise very regularly. I have three fantastic kids and a beautiful wife. I own my own business and have never been in the hospital overnight.

So why does it feel so wrong?
If you have never checked out the Wood Brothers. Do yourself a favor and look them up. Best. Band. Ever.

Quote by mulefish

Curiosity.

That's a good one.

I like to appreciate and savour the little nuances of every emotion that I experience, just enjoying the ride of being an alive human.

I view good and bad as irrelevant concerns when you consider how fleeting and meaningless it is in the bigger picture of existence and so just take joy in the fact that our species even exist to do good and evil and every variation in between.

and I don't have that much of an issue with my own mortality, as so described in my sig. it's pretty invigorating getting to that state.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
The reason is simple. To own noobs.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Enslavement of the human race.

Nah I dunno what keeps me going. I dont want to die so there's that. Uhh...Mass Effect 4 hasnt come out yet and I guess getting married would be cool.
Sail upon the open skies
Existing is enough for me a lot of times since I think we only get one period of time to observe existence. Organic life is pretty amazing and it's crazy to be one little piece of it, and be aware of it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I don't have to feel guilt over something I'm not responsible for. I don't have to allow all the terrible people who do terrible things for terrible reasons to ruin my life in virtue of ruining others. If I did, they'd win. If I allowed all the things terrorists and religious fundamentalists and sociopathic mother****ers did to cause me to feel nothing but misery, then I'd just become another victim of theirs.
Last edited by progdude93 at Jul 9, 2013,
I still haven't touched all the boobs on the planet.

Also, music and art and a drive to prove everyone that said I'd be a failure wrong.
Quote by jaybsp
Art.

But all art is quite useless.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by CoreysMonster
I still haven't touched all the boobs on the planet.

Also, music and art and a drive to prove everyone that said I'd be a failure wrong.

fuck everything i said, i'm going with this instead.
Sail upon the open skies
To be honest I don't worry about all the bad stuff in the world. I mean it sounds bad, but there's nothing I can do about it , so I don't worry about it.

But I set goals in what I want in life and that's what drives me. I want a decent house, a family, not to worry about making the bills every month, and I want a damn nice sports car
I think humans are parasites preying on all other lives on this planet, including planet earth itself. As a result, I can't help but objectively believe that it would be a good thing if all human life were to be exterminated.

However, as a good little parasite myself, I won't let something small like this keep me from enjoying my life on this planet. I think what really keeps me going is music, my wife, my friends and alcohol.

But if ever I meet nate the snake, I know what I'm doing.
Quote by progdude93
Someone's seen the Matrix recently...

recently? didn't it come out in 99? The first one was good but they shouldn't have made a trilogy... An alliance with the machines? **** that
"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
My God, it's full of stars!
I am just waiting for the world around me to fall apart and come crashing down. It likely won't happen seeing as everyone during their time period has the same thoughts. i have become so apathetic to what happens around me that most stuff doesn't even bother me anymore. What ever the news puts up as "awful and horrible" I can think of something else that happened the same day that is 10x worse.

i just don't give a crap anymore.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
What keeps me going is a drive to keep developing myself. I can't stand not doing anything constructive. Sure, I like to play a videogame every now and then, but if that was all I had going for me in my life, I would be pretty damn depressed.
Quote by Jehuty
What keeps me going is a drive to keep developing myself. I can't stand not doing anything constructive. Sure, I like to play a videogame every now and then, but if that was all I had going for me in my life, I would be pretty damn depressed.

Work hard, play hard.

It's actually really good advice.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Page 1 of 2