I was Wondering could it be Possible to use Orange Micro Terror Amp as a Preamp on the Pedal-boards ?
Because it has a headphones output.
Does anyone try this ?
I'm thinking the routing is:
Guitar-Wah-Input Micro Terror-Micro terror Headphone Output-booster Pedal-Chorus-Phaser-Tremolo-Delay-Amps
Is is possible to route that way ?
thanks.
Should be able to as far as I know. I know of people direct recording from that jack. Might need to keep the volume low.

NOTE: It's probably a stereo jack, and might not like having the ring shorted to sleeve as you have with a mono cable.
Last edited by jameswilddev at Jul 9, 2013,
Using it like this basically makes it into a tube overdrive pedal, while also being a useful practice amp outside of the full band rig.
I'm not entirely sure this is going to work like that. Because you'd need a load box for the speaker out on the Micro Terror so you don't blow the OT on it.

Disclaimer: I can't say 100%. But I just wouldn't do it.

I have to ask again, why? Just get a good quality distortion pedal.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Jul 9, 2013,
^I'm pretty sure it's safe to run the micro terror with no load. I agree with you though, using it like this would be less than ideal. A decent dirt pedal would be a much better option.
Micro Terror doesn't have an OT. It's a tube preamp and a SS power amp, based on the STA540.
Last edited by jameswilddev at Jul 9, 2013,
Quote by r4sha
I was Wondering could it be Possible to use Orange Micro Terror Amp as a Preamp on the Pedal-boards ?
Because it has a headphones output.

yes you can.

to hook the amp headphone out to the pedal i would use a 1/4" TRS cable with a 1/4" TRS to 1/4" TS converter that should look something like this

according to orange's owner's manual, engaging the headphone should bypass the speaker outs. making any concerns about 'loading' the amplifier moot (though a SS power amp shouldn't require a load anyway).

Quote by r4sha
Does anyone try this ?

i have not tried this

Quote by r4sha
I'm thinking the routing is:
Guitar-Wah-Input Micro Terror-Micro terror Headphone Output-booster Pedal-Chorus-Phaser-Tremolo-Delay-Amps
Is is possible to route that way ?
thanks.

yes, this is possible.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
why I'm planning to do this ?
like the tittle of this thread for Experiment hehehehe...
I'm not good in technique, so i consider my self as an experimental type of Guitarist
I really like to Experiment with pedals and hear how they sound combine with each others. And I really interest to hear how if a pedal like Delays/Reverbs Pedal connected through headphone output of Micro terror and running it through a clean channel of an Amps.