Hey forum!

Could anyone give me some advice on what could be causing this noise?

Gear/Setup
The amp I'm playing through is a Line 6 Spider IV. The guitar is a Ibanez RG370DXL. The neck pickup is an INF3 (Infinity 3), the middle pickup is an INFS3 (Infinity Single 3), and the bridge pickup is an INF4 (Infinity 4). All of the pickups are passive. I'm currently not using any pedals or effects - just my guitar plugged into the amp on a high gain setting. The microphone used to record this sound is a Blue Yeti USB microphone. If you need any more information, feel free to ask!

I feel like this problem could be caused by something metal underneath the carpet in my floor, but I want to be sure that is the problem before I start moving all my gear around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmeSukEE2Bo

Thank you in advance for any advice!
Gear:
Electric: Schecter Banshee 6 - FR Active Trans Black (Left Handed)
Ibanez RG370DXL (Left Handed)
Acoustic: Johnson JG-624-CN (Left Handed)
Amplifier: Line 6 Spider IV 75 Watt

YouTube Channel
Facebook Page
Have you tried it with another amp or another guitar? The first thing to do would be to isolate what piece of gear is causing the problem. That doesn't sound like feedback so much as something vibrating or making noise that shouldn't.

Edit: now that I listen to it again, it sounds like the Spider's built in noise gate is gradually taming down some low feedback or general noise that is being introduced.

Try it with a different guitar and then your Ibanez into another amp to narrow it down.
Last edited by ExDementia at Jul 9, 2013,
Is anything electronic near the amp? Phone in your pocket? The backlight on my phone makes a very similar sound, and as it's out of the range a guitar should be producing the POD's gate clamps down on it similarly.
Quote by ExDementia
Have you tried it with another amp or another guitar?

Try it with a different guitar and then your Ibanez into another amp to narrow it down.

Just played a super old Denstone guitar through the Line 6, and it gave the same noise as the Ibanez. Also played the Ibanez through a Vox DA15, and it again gave off the same noise. Same goes for the Denstone through the Vox amp.

Quote by jameswilddev
Is anything electronic near the amp? Phone in your pocket? The backlight on my phone makes a very similar sound, and as it's out of the range a guitar should be producing the POD's gate clamps down on it similarly.

Closest thing to the amp would be the Blue Yeti USB microphone. It sits less than 6 inches infront of the amp. The mic is plugged into my computer that I use to record, and that sits currently about 3 feet away from the amp. My iPhone was in my pocket, but I set it away from the amp and there was no change.

Call me crazy, but could a possible reason be a poorly functioning electrical system in the room I'm in? I have had problems with it in the past (blowing fuses with portable heaters, etc.) Just an idea!
Gear:

YouTube Channel
Facebook Page
Actually, I think I might have figured it out. I decided to move the Line 6 amp into a different room and see if the sound continued, and I'm glad to say that it didn't. After thinking about it for a second, I realized that there is a good chance that I placed the amp directly above the metal air duct underneath the floor. It is possible that that could be the problem? Any opinions on that?
Gear:

YouTube Channel
Facebook Page