Page 1 of 21
So before you guys go all ''oh this is older than the internet blah blah blah'' im writing a rhetorical analysis on the case. I just wanted to hear opinions on this case seeing as how it's kind of resurfaced in the past few days.

Do you think he's guilty of second degree murder? If so, why?

Do you think Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman first? Why?

talk about it. Yeah I know there's a thread on it already but it's really old and outdated so yeah damned if I do damned if I don't.
pinga
Trayvon attacked him first but only because some guy had been following him for blocks.

But put anyone with a gun in the slightest bit of danger and someone's getting shot.

George was a dumbass for tailing him.

Was a dumbass for continuing despite being told over and over again not to.

Was a dumbass to go around looking for him when he lost him.

Was a dumbass for shooting Trayvon.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I still don't care about. There's murder everyday. Why is this one case so deserving of the attention it's getting? I get the casey anthony case. I get the aries *****s case. Some mexican in the hood shooting a black teen getting skittles or whatever? Meh

With that said. Just like the previous cases mentioned, George is guilty. And the trail shouldn't have lasted as long as it has.
oh man I love bizarre foods
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by CoreysMonster
You're not damned if you don't. You just have to do your own homework.

I'm already three pages in. I just want to hear the pit's opinion on the matter, I'm not having trouble writing the paper
pinga
Quote by Momentosis
Trayvon attacked him first but only because some guy had been following him for blocks.

But put anyone with a gun in the slightest bit of danger and someone's getting shot.

George was a dumbass for tailing him.

Was a dumbass for continuing despite being told over and over again not to.

Was a dumbass to go around looking for him when he lost him.

Was a dumbass for shooting Trayvon.

Pretty much my personal opinion, although I'm not sure Trayvon hit him first. That George dude gives me a bad vibe.
pinga
GZ isn't guilty of Murder 2, and TM attacked GZ first.

GZ was following TM (legal), on the phone with a 911 operator about the situation well before it took off (advisable), was confronted FIRST by TM (as evident from LaBeefa's glowing testimony), and was being beaten on the face and head (which warrants deadly force in almost any state). Add to that the fact that Sanford PD initially ruled it a self-defense shooting, and didn't arrest GZ.

If there's a conviction, I'm willing to bet that an appeal would be successful. The trial itself is an embarrassment, let alone the fact that the state hasn't been able to prove that things DIDN'T go the way GZ initially said.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Anyone who doesn't believe Tray-tard had it coming has obviously not read into the facts at ALL at this point. He was a drugged up, thug-ass piece of shit raised by sh1tty parents, his primary interests were MMA Street Fighting and Watermelon Lean (a drug containing codeine syrup, Skittles, and Watermelon juice - which is what he bought at the store NOT Iced Tea).

Long term effects of Lean use include quickness to violence, irrational behavior, and mild to extreme paranoia. Trayvon attacked George because his drug-addled brain made him extremely paranoid and he couldn't wait to try his MMA moves on a "creepy-ass cracker."

George followed Trayvon because the neighborhood he was sighted in had been plagued by blacks breaking and entering into homes and stealing recently. The cops never ordered him to NOT follow him, they just said "we don't need you to do that." I'm sure every cop in the area is glad that George shot that future felon, saved them a bunch of paperwork in the long run.

Most Americans, despite what they say, want George to get off scot-free because most of us are tired of being targeted by the repulsive barbaric actions of black teenagers. We're tired of Flash Mobs. We're tired of Knock-Out King. We're tired of "Beat Whitey Day." We're tired of all that ignominious shit you see on World Star Hip Hop and Liveleak and shit like that all day long.

George NEEDS to get off so that all the ghetto-ass black thugs whose parents never bothered to raise them (and all the White and Hispanic teens who choose to act like them) get the message that if you continue to victimize innocent, civilized people you will pay for it with your LIFE.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Last edited by SkyValley at Jul 9, 2013,
Quote by SkyValley
Anyone who doesn't believe Tray-tard had it coming has obviously not read into the facts at ALL at this point. He was a drugged up, thug-ass piece of shit raised by sh1tty parents, his primary interests were MMA Street Fighting and Watermelon Lean (a drug containing codeine syrup, Skittles, and Watermelon juice - which is what he bought at the store NOT Iced Tea).

Long term effects of Lean use include quickness to violence, irrational behavior, and mild to extreme paranoia. Trayvon attacked George because his drug-addled brain made him extremely paranoid and he couldn't wait to try his MMA moves on a "creepy-ass cracker."

George followed Trayvon because the neighborhood he was sighted in had been plagued by blacks breaking and entering into homes and stealing recently. The cops never ordered him to NOT follow him, they just said "we don't need you to do that." I'm sure every cop in the area is glad that George shot that future felon, saved them a bunch of paperwork in the long run.

Most Americans, despite what they say, want George to get off scot-free because most of us are tired of being targeted by the repulsive barbaric actions of black teenagers. We're tired of Flash Mobs. We're tired of Knock-Out King. We're tired of "Beat Whitey Day." We're tired of all that ignominious shit you see on World Star Hip Hop and Liveleak and shit like that all day long.

George NEEDS to get off so that all the ghetto-ass black thugs (and all the White and Hispanic teens who choose to act like them) get the message that if you continue to victimize innocent, civilized people you will pay for it with your LIFE.

Quote by progdude93
You can't buy lean in convenience stores. I've tried.

No but you can buy 2/3 of the ingredients, like Tray-gone did.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by SkyValley
No but you can buy 2/3 of the ingredients, like Tray-gone did.

Now watermelon juice and skittles are drug precursors?
this gone be good.gif

also, how did GZ feel threatened if HE was the one following TM?

edit: bloody german Mexican ninja
pinga
I think he murdered Martin.

I think he shouldn't go to jail because there really isn't enough evidence to convict him. I'd much rather a guilty man go innocent because there isn't enough evidence than an innocent man is convicted with not enough evidence.

I also think that this case is symbolic of a much bigger problem that people seem unwilling to address and that's what is so infuriating about it. A black teen is walking in the neighborhood he lives in, and now he's dead because a man saw him and thought he was suspicious. That's seriously messed up.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Well, shit, the prosecution THEMSELVES proved his case for him. There's no way he's not getting off. Dont dress and act like a thug and people were identify you as one. George saw a thug walking between people's homes and went to check what he was doing. Perfectly legal. Lil TrayTray got more than he bargained for by assaulting a total stranger.
Quote by lolmnt

I think he shouldn't go to jail because there really isn't enough evidence to convict him. I'd much rather a guilty man go innocent because there isn't enough evidence than an innocent man is convicted with not enough evidence.

I also think that this case is symbolic of a much bigger problem that people seem unwilling to address and that's what is so infuriating about it. A black teen is walking in the neighborhood he lives in, and now he's dead because a man saw him and thought he was suspicious. That's seriously messed up.

Um, no. He's dead because he attacked that man.

At the most basic level, here, no one forced Tayvon to do anything. HE chose to attack GZ. If someone is following you, do you attack them, or call the police and let them handle it? It's clear that he had a working phone. There's no reason for him to confront GZ.
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jul 9, 2013,
Quote by lolmnt

I genuinely don't know enough facts to evaluate this.

Quote by lolmnt

I wholeheartedly agree.

Quote by lolmnt
I also think that this case is symbolic of a much bigger problem that people seem unwilling to address and that's what is so infuriating about it. A black teen is walking in the neighborhood he lives in, and now he's dead because a man saw him and thought he was suspicious.

That is a problem, but the thing is that suspicion is composed of many elements. Nonverbal communication is difficult to explain, but forms the vast majority of interpersonal communication. Suspicion can sometimes not be reduced further than a "gut feeling." Now, that isn't enough to say that a gut feeling=proof/justification, but people who actually have real experience are more competent at forming legitimate gut feelings.
The worst thing in this case was that abhorrent lawyer telling that joke, and Rachel Jenteal taking the stand. What an absolute moron.

Relevant to some extent:

Average weed smoking gangbanger attacking a law abiding citizen

Everyone should be praying to Jesus Christ that Zimmerman is found innocent
Quote by lolmnt

or maybe because he dresses like a hoodlum walking between people's home after dark.
Quote by Skynyrd890
Um, no. He's dead because he attacked that man.

At the most basic level, here, no one forced Tayvon to do anything. HE chose to attack GZ. If someone is following you, do you attack them, or call the police and let them handle it? It's clear that he had a working phone. There's no reason for him to confront GZ.
There was no reason for Zimmerman to call the police when he saw a black kid walking. There was no need for Zimmerman to chase Martin when the 911 operator clearly told him not to.

Why is it okay for Zimmerman to shoot an unarmed kid for feeling threatened, but it's not okay for Martin to "attack" Zimmerman when he feels threatened by a grown man chasing him?

If he was a 17 year old white kid wearing a hood he'd still be alive. But it's racism that caused him to be dead.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt

Completely agree with this.

I'm not so sure about this though. There's too much conflicting information, at least from what I've read/heard. Some people are saying Trayvon attacked him, some people are saying he wasn't doing anything wrong at all, and the worst part is nobody can have a normal discussion about it because the race card is thrown around right away - from both sides.
Quote by pugachev
or maybe because he dresses like a hoodlum walking between people's home after dark.
Oh wow. A 17 year old kid wearing a sweatshirt. Such a hoodlum.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by severed-metal
The worst thing in this case was that abhorrent lawyer telling that joke, and Rachel Jenteal taking the stand. What an absolute moron.

Relevant to some extent:

THAT is the worst thing. Not the fact that it's a witch hunt, the state has had to turn around and try to discredit their own witnesses because they're only supporting GZ's case, or the judge's shameless support of the state?
Quote by CoreysMonster
Completely agree with this.

I'm not so sure about this though. There's too much conflicting information, at least from what I've read/heard. Some people are saying Trayvon attacked him, some people are saying he wasn't doing anything wrong at all, and the worst part is nobody can have a normal discussion about it because the race card is thrown around right away - from both sides.
Quote by lolmnt
There was no reason for Zimmerman to call the police when he saw a black kid walking. There was no need for Zimmerman to chase Martin when the 911 operator clearly told him not to.

Why is it okay for Zimmerman to shoot an unarmed kid for feeling threatened, but it's not okay for Martin to "attack" Zimmerman when he feels threatened by a grown man chasing him?

If he was a 17 year old white kid wearing a hood he'd still be alive. But it's racism that caused him to be dead.
This works for you too.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Cb4rabid
So before you guys go all ''oh this is older than the internet blah blah blah'' im writing a rhetorical analysis on the case. I just wanted to hear opinions on this case seeing as how it's kind of resurfaced in the past few days.

Do you think he's guilty of second degree murder? If so, why?

Do you think Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman first? Why?

talk about it. Yeah I know there's a thread on it already but it's really old and outdated so yeah damned if I do damned if I don't.

I think he is, given the 911 tapes, and how he continued following the kid. The pictures showing his head after Zimmerman had supposedly been beaten was just a knot or two, not what you'd get from having your head bashed in.

It doesn't matter who attacked who first, though from Trayvon's point of view, a random guy following you in the middle of the night would lead to a confrontation presumably. Zimmerman had some initiative to keep going after he was told to stop, and thus he is guilty of something. After all, he put himself in that situation, neighborhood watch or not. He was trained to call the police, not to take it upon himself to confront what he saw as a threat.
Quote by lolmnt
This works for you too.

I never said it was okay for Zimmermann to shoot or follow him. I am honestly not informed enough to have an opinion worth talking about, I just think the way this case has been handled by the media and people talking about it is ridiculous.
Quote by lolmnt

and where did you draw this conclusion from? Only racism I've seen so far in this case was from Trayvon calling GZ a "Crazy ass cracka".
The charge really should be Voluntary Manslaughter. There's a much stronger case with that, especially with the imperfect self-defense aspect of voluntary manslaughter.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by pugachev
and where did you draw this conclusion from?

The same place that you drew the "hoodlum" conclusion.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Skynyrd890
THAT is the worst thing. Not the fact that it's a witch hunt, the state has had to turn around and try to discredit their own witnesses because they're only supporting GZ's case, or the judge's shameless support of the state?

I think you took it too literally for what it was.
I just want to say that I love how every single time a non-black person kills a black person, no matter what the circumstance, EVERY black person screams racism and demands they go to jail for life/get the death penalty/whatever. Yet, when a black person kills a non-black person, no one even brings up racism.

Gotta love racist anti-racists.
I don't know, lolmnt.... if TM attacked GZ, the fact that GZ was following TM doesn't really justify that. Assaulting someone who's following you isn't the rational response. Asking, "Why the **** are you following me?" would work much better.

If you want to think this is racism, he's not dead because he's black, he was followed because he's black. He's dead because he stupidly assaulted the wrong person.
Quote by lolmnt
The same place that you drew the "hoodlum" conclusion.

I said he dressed like a hoodlum, and he did. Never said he was one. But considering he's a racist and a drug user, he seems to fit the profile just fine. What has GZ done to fit the description that hes a racist?
Last edited by pugachev at Jul 9, 2013,
Quote by lolmnt

There was plenty of reason for Zimmerman to call police when he saw someone suspicious. Neighborhood had experienced break-ins, and he was on a neighborhood watch. Both of which encourage you to call police when you see something out of the ordinary. And GZ didn't chase TM, GZ followed TM. World of difference.

And don't even try to equate a person following you to a person on top of you, beating the shit out of you. GZ had the right to shoot TM the second he was on top of him, beating him because he WAS threatened. He didn't "feel" threatened. TM "felt" threatened, and attacked GZ.

And you say it's racism, but did you not hear Rachel's testimony about what came out of Trayvon's OWN mouth? "Creepy ass cracka". I don't recall GZ calling TM a nigger. TM wasn't a "kid". No matter how much you want to take the blame off of him completely, he chose to attack GZ when he had plenty of other choices.

Quote by severed-metal
I think you took it too literally for what it was.

Maybe a tad.