Could it be due to the heat? we're above 23c here in the UK and i havent encountered this problem before. its like the strings arent even tuned and i know they are.
The temperature should have no such effect. Ensure that the setup is fine. Maybe something has changed like the pickup height, or the saddles, or some such thing.
"Slapping sound" couldn't be any more vague for a description. Seeing as slap is a technique (that can be applied to 6 string guitars, not just bass), you couldn't have made a more vague description.

Can you record some audio of the sound?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
If it were the heat they'd never have made any music in the hot, southern states of the USA.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Record a clip.
it's in the high 20s here

no slapping problems here. well, no guitar-related slapping problems here, at any rate.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Just to make sure, you're not laying bass are you? If so are you hitting the strings with the side of your palm?
Last edited by Mephaphil at Jul 9, 2013,