blooddrunk
UnBanned
1,513 IQ
Could it be due to the heat? we're above 23c here in the UK and i havent encountered this problem before. its like the strings arent even tuned and i know they are.
TEKarma
102 IQ
The temperature should have no such effect. Ensure that the setup is fine. Maybe something has changed like the pickup height, or the saddles, or some such thing.
Lavatain
5150 III Enthusiast
1,229 IQ
"Slapping sound" couldn't be any more vague for a description. Seeing as slap is a technique (that can be applied to 6 string guitars, not just bass), you couldn't have made a more vague description.

Can you record some audio of the sound?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
If it were the heat they'd never have made any music in the hot, southern states of the USA.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Record a clip.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
it's in the high 20s here

no slapping problems here. well, no guitar-related slapping problems here, at any rate.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Just to make sure, you're not laying bass are you? If so are you hitting the strings with the side of your palm?
Last edited by Mephaphil at Jul 9, 2013,