What's up with these people, your out in town minding your own business when all of a sudden someones in front of you hassling you, they're worse than junkie beggars. I was shopping today and this chick comes up to me and says "Hey, do you have a second" and i'm like "Not really, sorry" and she goes "I'll walk with you and talk" , it was just weird, she started by asking me how old I am and I say i'm 15, then she asks do I take drugs, i'm like "No", and she says this is all confidential and I say no again and she says "that's suprising", so she starts going on and on about how she does this charity thing where they're trying to get kids my age off drugs then she says do I want to make a donation, I said sorry I don't have change and she says, "don't worry, if you only have notes, we have loads of change", I say "No thanks", and she says "so you you would rather kids be on drugs", WTF ?
So pit, what are your experiences with the vultures ?
I find them annoying
if I want to give to a charity I'll do it more directly so that a chunk of my money isn't going into the pocket of the dude on the street
but I understand that they are invaluable to charities
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
I find them annoying
if I want to give to a charity I'll do it more directly so that a chunk of my money isn't going into the pocket of the dude on the street
but I understand that they are invaluable to charities

I agree, i'm not anti-charity, it's just that they should understand that charity isn't supposed to be a hassle, if I want to give to charity I will, I shouldn't be guilted into it by some little hipster bitch.
But most people don't, so they're a necessary annoyance if you support the work of charities
I've never seen or heard one be as up front and rude as that. But for me, the only annoyance is I have to look down and seem uninteresting for 10 seconds on a small number of my journeys. No biggie since they're generally working for good causes.
I look at the ground or at my phone.

If they try to speak to me I smile and say "sorry, I'm not interested"

It's so difficult.
There called Chuggers (charity muggers) over here. They've recently started asking for account details instead of just spare change, if you don't give them anything they'll badger you up the whole street saying you're a evil person.
I don't give a shit. Just stare at your watch while walking briskly, and if you want, pull out a phone and pretend to talk on it. At least in my experience, if you look busy and likely to snap at them, they'll leave you alone.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I get more annoyed when they don't hassle me
what, you don't think I have enough money to be worth hassling? I don't, but still.
Eh, I don't mind. They're doing it for good causes, their job is terrible because people hate them, and generally they're good people.

I once applied for a job as one of those guys, and quit after 10 minutes. It's really a shitty gig, and I honestly can't help but respect the people that can stand to work those jobs.
"I'd love to contribute but I'm unemployed"

It takes a lot of courage to stand there all day and be positive when talking to strangers who couldn't care less. I don't think I could do that.
I've never heard one be as rude as that TS, but yeah they are annoying.

Unfortunately, as has also been said, they're an invaluable source of income for charities. I want to think "if people want to give, they can do in their own time", but unfortunately the fact is that is very rarely how it works.

I'm currently unemployed though so... I just say that. As soon as I have a stable income I intend to give.
I'm stopped by these types of people weekly, and I handle it in different ways depending on my mood. If I'm in a good mood, I usually just try to look busy while walking past them. If I'm in a neutral mood, I tell them that if they want to talk, they'll have to keep up and then start running. And if I'm in a bad mood, I usually clench a fist and hold it where they can see it. That's usually enough to scare most of them into not bugging me. And even if they say I'm a bad person for not supporting charity that way, I don't care. I'm not trying to be a good person. I'd rather settle for "Chaotic Neutral", since life's more fun that way.
The worse one I had to deal with wanted to walk me to the nearest bank machine so I could withdraw money for him.

If I donate, I try to stick to legit organizations that I can do research on so I know exactly where my money goes. There have been a few scams going around my city lately about a group of women supposedly collecting money for an orphanage in the Philippines, and just keeping the money they gather (really pathetic).
This one chick made me late for work she just wouldn't leave me alone and get blocking me if I tried to get around her. Pretty sure she wanted the D though so it's all good.
Nothing that crazy, but some Scientologist insisted I take a flyer.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
There are these black guys downtown that always ask for money to support black history. They have these newsletters that they give you but take back if you don't donate. They're really persistent and will say things like "I think I heard a dollar in there" when you fish change out of your pocket.
lol. They time of day? I give them none. Just tell them to fucck off like a self respected person who has his own shit to worry about.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all