Page 1 of 2
make this thread disappear
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I just noticed that Penn looks and talks exactly like Seth Rogan.

That's the true magic trick.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
He's obviously got Penn's signature from somewhere, probably online, then written it on the 7 of diamonds and chucked it in that new pack.

When Penn was signing the card, he was swapping the packs.. Penn was taking the attention away from him at this point, then with slight of hand he shoved the new pack in his hands

Easy
If david blaine is still alive he needs to do some more crazy high jinks soon. He has to one-up tightrope guy.
Quote by CoreysMonster
This thread is simply because I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how this goddamned magic trick works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvW7-019XLQ

I've watched this trick probably a couple dozen times, and I can't figure it out. Please Pit, tell me his secret.

Penn signed it before the show and they made the deck there. Mystery solved.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by sam b
then with slight of hand he shoved the new pack in his hands

Easy

He should have felt an entire pack of cards being shoved into his hands, no? Pretty ****ing decent magic right there.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by sam b
He's obviously got Penn's signature from somewhere, probably online, then written it on the 7 of diamonds and chucked it in that new pack.

When Penn was signing the card, he was swapping the packs.. Penn was taking the attention away from him at this point, then with slight of hand he shoved the new pack in his hands

Easy

I feel like Penn would've noticed him putting an already packaged deck of cards into his hands, but it's entirely possible Penn was in on it. Gotta get dem ratings.
Quote by sam b

Easy

That makes no sense, he would have had to have known that Penn would sign the 7 of diamonds beforehand. Sure, he could have "forced" the 7 of diamonds, but I can't imagine he'd expect any form of "forcing" to work on a seasoned magician like Penn. Penn's expression of wonder is proof enough that he either used a brilliant method of forcing cards, or it was a different trick altogether.
Quote by whywefight
I feel like Penn would've noticed him putting an already packaged deck of cards into his hands, but it's entirely possible Penn was in on it. Gotta get dem ratings.

I doubt that, too. Penn and Teller have uncovered amazing tricks before, why would they let something as simple as a card trick slide just for ratings?
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 9, 2013,
Penn's mother asked for Penn's autograph on the card because times were tough for her and wanted to sell the card on ebay. The magician had sex with the mother instead, eventually stealing the card from her dresser drawer while murdering her in cold blood.

He then made a photo copy of the autographed card and sold the original and made millions to start his own card deck company in the United States. When he gathered enough money from his company, he created a groundbreaking technology that made card decks seep through the pours on your hands for an instant deck of cards.

Within the deck of cards was the dna replica copy of the autographed card.

Myth Busted.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Penn's very good at what he does. After watching him a bit on the Celebrity Apprentice I have no doubt he's capable of faking absolute shock.

I don't know if that's actually what happened though.

Quote by CoreysMonster
I doubt that, too. Penn and Teller have uncovered amazing tricks before, why would they let something as simple as a card trick slide just for ratings?

It got six million views on youtube and got me to check out the show several times. I'm just saying that it worked at getting them more publicity.
Last edited by whywefight at Jul 9, 2013,
Quote by cocacolabottle
He should have felt an entire pack of cards being shoved into his hands, no? Pretty ****ing decent magic right there.

No because the point of him feeling the new pack would have been the first moment of contact with his hands, and you can see that when he grabs Penn's hands and puts the pack there, he's messing up the initial contact with putting his hands between and moving them around. Once the pack is in there, it'll just feel like an opened deck probably
Illuuuuusions
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Watch some Jonathan Creek episodes and try to solve them before the episode ends. That'll learn you some magic thinking Ryan. This is quite easy really(and it'll be explained in 1 of the earlier episodes)
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by whywefight
Penn's very good at what he does. After watching him a bit on the Celebrity Apprentice I have no doubt he's capable of faking absolute shock.

I don't know if that's actually what happened though.

That still leaves one question open: How was the deck wrapped and sealed?

I can hardly believe that the live audience and crew members would keep complete silence for years.
Thing is I would appreciate Penn less if he was in on this.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I don't want to alarm you guys.

But this guy might be Jesus.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
woah woah woah

Look what I just spotted (Just after Penn signed the card - I noticed on first viewing he was seemingly trying to keep it out of view of camera. I think he slipped up here)

Quote by Antis0cial
Watch some Jonathan Creek episodes and try to solve them before the episode ends. That'll learn you some magic thinking Ryan. This is quite easy really(and it'll be explained in 1 of the earlier episodes)

Every single episode it is "elegantly simple", and turns on a small fact that nobody watching could possibly have known.
oh you guys really watched it?

lol
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Obvious deck switch at 2:44 while he's fumbling for a pen.

The 7 was forced.
The deck was pre-made with Penn's sig got from some autograph site.

Done.
Quote by bradulator
oh you guys really watched it?

lol

I can't think of a time I've ever watched a video posted in an OP
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Obvious deck switch at 2:44 while he's fumbling for a pen.

The 7 was forced.
The deck was pre-made with Penn's sig got from some autograph site.

Done.

That's what I said

..and they're all in on it, he didnt sign shit
nice catch sam. clearly different from the 7 that was showed signed at the end.

but how did penn choose the right card?

edit: wait a second, there's glare on one side of the card, it's possible he signed it on that side.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Every single episode it is "elegantly simple", and turns on a small fact that nobody watching could possibly have known.

Every magic trick is elegantly simple. And the fact that a few pitmonkeys in here have busted the trick already only proves that.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Just watched the video. If you stop the video at 6:57 you can clearly see that magic is really lame.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
No, you said it was when he was signing it. The switch happens after the card is replaced.

I know when, it's blatantly obvious. I just said that as a general time, because I couldnt be arsed to go back and watch it again to get the exact time
I wasn't a fan of "Now You See Me"
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Page 1 of 2