I don't know very much about pedals and such. But I really want a loop station. Would the Providence PEC-2 be a good choice, mainly for this reason?
That's not a loop station, that's a pedal looper. So you can route in certain effects and switch between them easier.

You want something like the Boss RC3/30. Easily one of the best loopers I've used. The TC Electronic Ditto is also very well regarded and pretty affordable.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
What I read you could use it as a loop aswell. Am I wrong?
I've checked out the Boss one, but I'm unsure.
No, that's not what it is.

Unless you spend a lot of money, you won't get something super easy to use and convenient. Ditto or RC3 would be the best.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Okay, but then what exacly does the Providence do?

Accommodates up to 8 effect units(5 series-connected loops and 3 separate loops).
The separate loops can be used as latched switches for amp channel switching.
Up to 84 on/off combinations of the 8 loops can be memorized and instantly recalled as required(7 programs x 12 banks).

^ Sounds like a looper to me. But as I said I don't know much.

I want the same pedals as my inspiration MIYAVI uses. But I can't figure out which pedal of his is the looper. He obviously isn't using a "pure loop station". If it's not the Providence then it must be the his Eventide TimeFactors.
Your confusion is over a 'loop' versus a 'looper.' Two very different things and the terms sometimes get mixed up. I've even heard each referred to by the other name. Usually people don't mix them up because they do vastly different things, and one costs way more and is far more complicated. Basically once you understand what they both do there's no way you'd confuse one for the other.

A loop pedal just routes your signal. That's all it does; it adds nothing at all to your sound. If you want to have some of your pedals turned on at the same time, or want to bypass a preamp, that's what a loop pedal does. Many are as simple as four jacks and a switch.

A looper pedal samples your input and plays it back so you can overdub or play over what you just heard. Looper pedals often have a bunch of options and parameters, and because all that recording and dubbing requires some complex circuitry, they tend to be fairly expensive.

They sound similar but if you have one and need the other you'd know right away. Their functionality is about as similar as a raisin and a razor.
Thanks for clearing that up Roc8995!

What I'm looking for is a Looper Pedal then.
But as I said before, I don't know much about pedals. MIYAVI taps his TC Electronic G-Switch whenever he wants to loop. Can it somehow be connected to the Eventide TimeFactor so it triggers the looping command? Since I can't see any other pedals with the possibility of looping. However I've read that the Eventide TimeFactor only can do 8 seconds long loops. And MIYAVI definitely uses longer ones.
The G-system has a MIDI switch so it can do all sorts of stuff, so who knows what kind of rackmounted wizardry it's turning on and off backstage. You could hook it up to a laptop and have it play your whole set for you if you really wanted.

In a more reasonable and affordable vein, the Digitech JamMan and the Boss RC-30 are good full-function loopers that aren't too expensive. I haven't tried the Line 6 JM4 yet but if their other pedals recently are any indication it's probably pretty good. I wouldn't bother with anything that only has one footswitch, it's going to drive you nuts.
Yeah I want a looper which is easy to handle and can play many loops at once. I want to be able to, let's say, play loop 1, 2, 3, 4 at the same time, and then pause loop 2 but keep 1, 3, and 4 still going. I want to have great possibilities. Can the RC-30 do this or should I get the RC-300 instead?
If you want simplicity it doesn't really get any easier to use than a TC Ditto Looper.
Pros:
- Relatively cheap
- Holds your tone very well.
- Very simple to use.
- Extremely small and can find space on any pedal board.
- Unlimited overdubs.
- 5 minutes of recording time.

Cons:
- Features are limited to: record, undo, redo, erase.
- Does not keep loops stored.
- Controls take a while to get used to.
- 5 minutes of recording time.

5 minutes of recording time is both a pro and a con depending on what you need to use it for. Honestly, I don't use it for much else than to put down a 12-bar blues and jam over it, so the pedal is perfect for what I need it for. Hope this helps.
Quote by Visual382
Yeah I want a looper which is easy to handle and can play many loops at once. I want to be able to, let's say, play loop 1, 2, 3, 4 at the same time, and then pause loop 2 but keep 1, 3, and 4 still going. I want to have great possibilities. Can the RC-30 do this or should I get the RC-300 instead?

You'll need at least 4 pedal switches to control each loop individually. I haven't tried the ditto yet, but roc is sooooo right bout a single pedal looper, you want at least 2 pedals if you value your sanity/gig/play with others. The cheapest, sanely usable looper I know of is attached to the zoom G3. It's a very plain 40 second looper with overdubs but no "save" though. I'm clueless about MIDI but I think that might be the looping route you wanna take if you're serious.