So um. hi. Pretty sure no one here remembers me any more, but I posted some stuff here back in the day, then I started lurking in a different GP tab site, then that site died, work got the best of me, and I didn't write that much stuff any more. Recently I've been trying to do it again, but inspiration is missing - so maybe getting back into the one community that is still alive might help.

I have three songs for you here. Two of them are the final two of the pseudo-album I was writing back then. Irreversible Descent is pretty old. Almost three years now. But it is the most effort I've ever put in a song, a 10 minute orchestral piece with some modern twists. Reincidence is the album closer, a very simple one. Rumpy (a good friend that used to come here as well) contributed with a solo.

Escapism is my most recent one, a straight-up prog ditty, from February this year. So yeah, the drought is long at this point.

Anyway I'm not really asking for detailed comments, just wanted to say hi and proceed to go check out what this forum has been up to lately.

y'all have a good one
JR
Attachments:
9 - Irreversible Descent....gp4
10 - Reincidence.gp5
2 - Escapism.gp4
Oh god JR yes yes yes yes our lord and savior has returned.

I'll crit this tomorrow, as I'm going to sleep now. I am so excited. Glad to have you back.
Wow nice job, Reincidence is amazing. I never thought something could sound good on guitar pro haha
Holy s**t dude, I can't even begin to describe how sublime all the three songs were. I didn't consider myself a bad composer, until now... I couldn't listen to the songs without constantly thinking "how the eff did you do that?" "this is the most beautiful thing ever..." and "can I have this riff?".
Like, seriously. Irreversible Descent... and Escapism especially dinged a huge bell in my brains, that this is good stuff. I want to know how you do this, I want you to do more of this, never ever stop composing. You, sir, won.
Quote by RedDeath9
Oh god JR yes yes yes yes my lord and savior has returned.

I'll crit this tomorrow, as I'm going to sleep now. I am so excited. Glad to have you back.

Fixed
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Holy shit you're back?! (Não sei se te lembras de mim, mas eu sou alto fã do teu material )
Quote by amonamarthmetal
Fixed

Shut your ugly face!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Jul 10, 2013,
Holy fuck JR! It's been so long! How are you? I don't even know if I'll crit cause I already know it'll be amazing but I'm DEFINITELY gonna listen.

EDIT: Just took a quick listen through Escapism and Reincidence. AMAZING. But I already knew that.

Only thing is I don't they quite hold up to your older songs as much. If you want I can go through and do a detailed crit at some point, but it's not really needed. They're pretty amazing.

And you got better with your GP5 effects. Love it.

Quote by Faretsi
Holy s**t dude, I can't even begin to describe how sublime all the three songs were. I didn't consider myself a bad composer, until now... I couldn't listen to the songs without constantly thinking "how the eff did you do that?" "this is the most beautiful thing ever..." and "can I have this riff?".
Like, seriously. Irreversible Descent... and Escapism especially dinged a huge bell in my brains, that this is good stuff. I want to know how you do this, I want you to do more of this, never ever stop composing. You, sir, won.

Sounds like you just found out about the old folks of the T&C long past
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Jul 10, 2013,
Quote by DiminishedFifth

Sounds like you just found out about the old folks of the T&C long past

I did do that, indeed and I'm happy to have done that.
As it was said, Reincidence is amazing! I didn't really like Escapism though, maybe because of those dissonant 7 string riffs.
Oh... My... ****ing... God........................................................ What is this sorcery