Hey guys, I played guitar for a few years; I played in small bands before, and recently I had decided to start a musical project or in other words a one-man band. I am looking for a software that I could use to create individual tracks for instruments, aka drums, bass, play around with the tracks, and than put it all together. I dont want a software that is just based on importing tracks, since i am missing drums and bass, and that would make it impossible for me complete it.

Right now, Im looking at Presonus Studio One or the Adobe Audition. Just leave me your thoughts on these two or list better ones if you know any. Thanks
Grab trials of every DAW you can get one for (REAPER, Studio One, Cubase, Sonar, Ableton Live, etc.) and see if you can find one you like (REAPER and Studio One are well liked here). Then you'll need some kind of VST for the drums and bass. Good drum VSTs include EZDrummer, Steven Slate Drums, and Superior Drummer (there are others too). There's not as much in the way of bass VSTs, Zombass is supposed to be alright, you could also try pitch-shifting a guitar down an octave (this can actually sound alright if you spend some time on it).
Cubase, Ableton Live, Pro Tools (If you're serious and can spend the money), Reason has a pretty nice drum machine in it, Pro Logic (again if you're really serious about getting into this side of things and own a mac). There are quite a few. I record only myself using Reason and Cubase with a bunch of VSTs. The bass, I wouldn't know because I just write and play guitar and bass lines.
any one know anything that would be also free, im not spending 300 bucks on one software where i need to buy 3-4
Assuming you are on a budget:
reaper
studio one

Reaper is best budget daw
RIP Gooze

cats
If you have a mac and want something serious, go for Logic.

Between the full version/full commercial licence it's the cheapest,
and it also works best if you ask me :P

If you don't want to spend anything, maybe to have a look at what you can do with DAWs, try Studio One free and Ardour.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Nature of the beast, music production is expensive. If you just want to demo stuff out for a one man thing you'd be better of just using guitar pro.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Heres what you could do:

Reaper is free for life technically, unless you want to sell your stuff which is only 60 dollars, not bad.
Buy a Line 6 interface, such as a UX1, 2 or even the GX. These come with a plugin called Pod Farm that will give you a library of guitar tones to pick from. An interface like this set up right will allow you to record and hear yourself recording with no latency. Same program can be used for bass and even as a tuner which is critical for recording. Of course you could always record your amp directlu into your computer or miced, but that may not sound as good no matter how nice the amp.

Drums are a whole other monster that can get expensive to do well, but you may be able to find a cheap or free drum machine softwate if you try. Definately wont compare to the likes of Addictive drums or Superior Drummer, unfortunately.
Well no... it's technically illegal for you to keep using the trial after it's expired... but they don't stop you.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Haven't picked someone apart like this for a while, but I'm feeling a little irate at the moment so I'm going to.
Quote by aviator42009
Reaper is free for life technically, unless you want to sell your stuff which is only 60 dollars, not bad.

No it's not "technically" free for life. Using it after the trial expires is just as illegal as if I were to go torrent Nuendo/Pro Tools/Cubase. See this thread if you want some explanations on that.
Quote by aviator42009
Buy a Line 6 interface, such as a UX1, 2 or even the GX. These come with a plugin called Pod Farm that will give you a library of guitar tones to pick from. An interface like this set up right will allow you to record and hear yourself recording with no latency. Same program can be used for bass and even as a tuner which is critical for recording. Of course you could always record your amp directlu into your computer or miced, but that may not sound as good no matter how nice the amp.

Don't buy a Line 6 they're way overpriced. Get either a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, a used Focusrite Saffire 6, or if you want something cheap get just get the Behringer Guitar Link or one of the unbranded versions of it available on eBay.

For amp simulators you can just grab Amplitube Free (comparable to Pod Farm), or if you'd like some better tones at the expense of a little more complexity download some of the Poulin (LePou) amp sims, LeCab, and the 'Sperimental Pack of impulses.
If you have a good amplifier you could consider getting a dynamic mic such as a Shure SM57 and mic it.

Quote by aviator42009
Drums are a whole other monster that can get expensive to do well, but you may be able to find a cheap or free drum machine softwate if you try. Definately wont compare to the likes of Addictive drums or Superior Drummer, unfortunately.
This is true. There is free software such as Drummix Beta or the KMS Drums, but they're pretty average. Big Mono has a Shortcircuit map, it might do the job okay. Steven Slate Drums, and EZDrummer are probably the next cheapest options (at least the next ones worth looking at).
I recommend Ableton Live. Great workflow and plugins, I use it heavily on my EDM production and everything else, along side my MP 9 version of Pro Tools.