I wasn't totally sold on the keyboard bit, but production and playingwise, its pretty awesome. I'm not a huge fan of the way you recorded vocals for it. How did you do it? (Reminds me of Darkest Hour a bit, actually, even though i KNOW that's not what you're going for)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1608532
Quote by recklessnick
but my fav tech deathcore band is actually emmure. i'd never be able to play **** like that in a million years seriously.
Quote by Spwee1494
I wasn't totally sold on the keyboard bit, but production and playingwise, its pretty awesome. I'm not a huge fan of the way you recorded vocals for it. How did you do it? (Reminds me of Darkest Hour a bit, actually, even though i KNOW that's not what you're going for)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1608532

Thanks!

Actually Darkest Hour is a huge influence, maybe not on this recording directly but in general my style swings pretty heavily towards the style of that band. And my voice naturally sounds similar when I am trying to imitate them of course. I'll make sure to checkout your song.

Also, the vocals were recorded with an sm57. It might sound like I added a bunch of effects but I didn't. That sound is created by adding a compressor and then setting the threshold really low because it would have sounded more distorted if I didn't.
The vocals sound too distorted and are out place compared to how clean the guitar sounds. That overall would fix the sound of everything. Maybe don't compress them as hard? Do you cup the mic to record?
Quote by recklessnick
but my fav tech deathcore band is actually emmure. i'd never be able to play **** like that in a million years seriously.
Quote by Spwee1494
The vocals sound too distorted and are out place compared to how clean the guitar sounds. That overall would fix the sound of everything. Maybe don't compress them as hard? Do you cup the mic to record?

No, I don't. The thing is that there is too much gain on the mic. But if I turn it down it will very quickly be too quiet. I'll just have to re-record it.